Sennheiser MM 450 Flight Bluetooth Multimedia Headset with Noise Cancellation - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Compatible with latest generation of phones and tablets including the New iPad/iPhone/iPod
- Sennheiser NoiseGard 2.0 technology provides up to 90% active noise cancellation
- Wireless freedom with Stereo A2DP Bluetooth-- hands-free convenience and hi-fi stereo sound
- TalkThrough function - Communication with seatmates without removing the headphones
- World-famous Sennheiser acoustics from patented DuoFol transducer system
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Manufacturer
An ideal headphones for frequent fliers who want to be enveloped in their music rather than the drone of outside noise, the Bluetooth-enabled Sennheiser MM 450 noise cancelling headphones provide a detailed sound image, while patented NoiseGard-2.0 technology minimizes background noise in trains or planes.
It also keeps you in touch by mobile phone wherever you are--answer calls wirelessly by simply by pressing a button on the ear cup. The easy-to-use controls are within optimum reach and provide concise "click" feedback, and the invisible high-performance microphone ensures that conversations are clear--making this headset the perfect all-in-one sound solution. It also includes a direct cable option, enabling you to listen as a wired headphone when Bluetooth is not permitted (mobile phone conversations require Bluetooth).
These closed mini headphones are embedded with NoiseGard 2.0 technology, which provides up to 90 percent active noise cancellation. They are also equipped with TalkThrough function, which is able to distinguish between background noise and speech, enabling you to continue your conversations with fellow travelers without removing the headphones.
When not in use, the MM 450 can simply be folded away and stowed in the included carrying case.
Sennheiser's NoiseGard Technology
Sennheiser's NoiseGard 2.0 technology guarantees undisturbed music enjoyment and ensures that you have a relaxed journey. Irritating background noise is minimized by anti-noise, a technology that was initially developed for pilots and which has already been used successfully in the cockpits of major airlines for several decades.
And if you want to talk to the person sitting next to you, that's no problem either. The convenient TalkThrough function enables you to conduct a conversation without removing the headphones. At the push of a button, miniature microphones mounted on the outside of the headphones pick up the surrounding sounds while an electronic circuit filters out the voice of the person speaking to you and plays it clearly through the headphones.
What's in the Box
MM 450 headset, audio cable with in-flight adapter (3.5mm double mono adapter), USB cable, wall charging adapter, carrying case
- Wireless technology: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR; supports A2DP, HSP, HFP, AVCPR profiles
- Range: Up to 33 feet
- Noise cancelling: Up to 90 percent
- Noise cancelling technology: NoiseGard 2.0 (with TalkThrough)
- Microphone pick-up pattern: Omni-directional
- Frequency response (headphones):15 - 22,000 Hz
- Frequency response (microphone):100 – 10,000 Hz
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 107dB (at 1mW, 1kHz)
- Ear coupling: On-the-ear
- Transducer principle: Sealed (closed)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.1 percent
- Listening time: Up to 10 hours (8 hours with NoiseGard)
- Talk time: Up to 20 hours
- Standby time: Up to 200 hours
- Charging time: Approximately 3 hours
Optimized for MP3, iPod, iPhone (iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries), and portable media players. Also great with in-flight entertainment systems.
The Sennheiser MM 450 is covered by a 2-year warranty with the backing of Sennheiser's worldwide service network.
Top customer reviews
Comfortable fit combined with very light overall weight was the first thing that caught my attention with these headphones. But don't let that fool you as they are very durable and have a very high quality feel.
Sound quality is amazing with the tone range being very natural and smooth. The base notes come through very nicely (you know they are there),very balanced mid range brings your music to life and great sharp high tones make the vocals strikingly clear! The overall effect is an extremely pleasant sound with excellent volume level. These headphone feature "apt-X CSR" audio coding technology which is used by major broadcasters to transmit high quality audio signals wirelessly. This allows the quality of the wireless connection used to equal that of a wired signal. Works very well.
NoiseGard Sennheiser's noise cancellation technology works very well and does not disappoint you under all conditions I have tried it under. These head phones allow you to turn this feature on/off which is handy and increase battery life. Also these also function if the battery is dead which is a plus if you have ever owned any other pair of noise canceling headphones as this is generally not the case.
Bluetooth....okay this is what really makes these a great product. Look guys no wires.........you heard me right these headphones will hook up to you iPhone, iPad, Blackberry etc in seconds and its actually easy to do! Really! The range is great at up to 35 feet + so you can waltz around your office and listen to music and when you phone rings seamlessly answer a call. Yes these do also have an integrated microphone in the headset that works great as well. no echo or sounding like you are down in a tunnel talking up to someone. Very nice. In addition you can control your phone or other device from the headphones with a very nice set of controls on the right hand ear cup (sorry lefties you will just have to live with it). Answer a call, hang up, raise or lower the volume, fast forward or rewind or stop your device. Also if you are using a Bluetooth challenged device you can use the handy cable included with the MM 450 to connect to your device. Please note the microphone will not work with the wired connection.
Battery life is from 8-20 hours from a removable proprietary Lithium Polymer pack which recharges with the included standard USB cable from any computer or you can use the included wall charger that has an adapter plug for every know country in the world. The battery life seems a bit low compared to other options and when you read other reviews is called out by many people. I think its an area Sennheiser could improve on or even include a spare pack to improve the product. That said based on the fact you can charge while using this or use even if the battery is dead its a mute point. I just ordered a spare battery on Amazon and will deal with it that way alternating between the two. Spare battery is Sennheiser part number BA 370 PX for anyone that needs it.
To recap these are a great set of headphones and really do rival the Bose product. I am surprised I said that as I have been a loyal Bose guy for many years. These stylish, lightweight feature packed headphones bring the noise canceling technology forward several step ahead of the industry leader (Bose you better get off your laurels or you are going to be unseated!). The value vs quality equation is stacked very much in favor of the Sennheiser MM 450 Flight Bluetooth Multimedia Headset with Noise Cancellation product. For your hard earned dollars you get MM 450-X headset, BA 370 PX battery pack, USB charging cable, world style wall charger set, stereo audio cable, 1/4 inch audio adapter, in-flight adapter, soft case (easily holds everything in less than half the space of the Bose case) and manual. I'd suggest downloading the PDF manual from the Sennheiser website as the one in the box is more of a quick start guide and the full version is much more informative. Website is
Hope this review helps someone make a good decision and buy this great product.
- pairs instantly, no additional question asked
- sound quality is just amazing
- player control from the headset ear panel (play/pause, prev,next, volume)
- can receive calls (accept,reject,voicemail) and talk with vibrant still in my pocket
- noise canceling included
- its fold-able set so it wont take much of the storage space
- some players like TuneWiki does not support on-ear control, funny that most of simple and free ones do
- built in microphones for noise canceling are also used during the call, no strings attached
- battery lasts around 12 hours with bluetooth and noise canceling turned on; it is rechargeable but replaceable pack so no worries if one day it dies; can be replaced
- built to last; sturdy high quality materials but still lightweight
- charged from wall or any USB port
- battery died during trip? No problem, connect your player using included 3.5mm jack cable
- tested yesterday during 2 hours round air trip, worth every penny.
Most recent customer reviews
clean and clear audio
could of been louder but thats due to the fact that ive already damaged my hearing so much that maybe what id...Read more