Sennheiser MX85 Sport Series II Twist to Fit Earbuds (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Twist to Fit locks the Ear Bud in place for consistant sound and fit
- Sennheiser BassWind produces clear, deep , rich bass.
- Sweat Proof Coating wicks mositure away enhancing fit and durablity
- Compatiblity with nearly every audio device with a 1/8 inch connector
- 2 Year parts and labor warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Price||Unavailable||$35.99||$92.76||$59.99||See price in cart||$15.49|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Patozon||EL Marketplace||alwayz-on-sale||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver Grey||1 Black-Red||Green||Blackyellow||Green||White/Gray|
|Item Dimensions||9.84 x 9.06 x 9.33 in||5.31 x 7.28 x 3.35 in||6.75 x 3.75 x 10 in||8.7 x 4 x 1.6 in||1.6 x 4.7 x 5.5 in||2.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 in|
|Item Weight||0.32 ounces||0.69 lb||—||—||0.8 ounces||1.44 ounces|
|Additional Features||lightweight||High-Fidelity, Portable||volume-control||ios-phone-control, volume-control||sports-and-exercise||Sports-Style|
The MX85 Twist to Fit Ear Speakers are compatible with MP3, iPod and other portable devices with a 1/8 inch connector. It has Sennheiser BassWind System for clear, deep, rich bass. Carry pouch included along with a cable clip. All Sennheiser Sport Series carry a 2 year warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me cut to the chase,
Pros:- Good sound quality.Contrary to several comments on bass issues n stuff, I find the overall audio throughput good enough to boost your adrenaline at the gym. Coming from someone who owns a Bose QC2 and a Koss studio headphone, you get the point.
Good fit.I have tried doing pretty much everything with these guys on - running, skipping, pull ups, push ups, crunches and of course some serious lifting.They never let go! If you are capable off shrugging them off your ears, you need to be in the olympics!
You have different sizes of rubber stoppers to choose from depending on the size of your ear, and they plug right under the top of your inner ear lobe without causing any discomfort.
Good length.I normally wear them under my tshirt with the cable running down my back.They are lengthy enough to provide that extra flexibility for any complex moves you perform.
Cons:- The cable although lengthy, tends to coil like a spring.It is not a problem for the patient soul, but if you are the type who does not like to untangle things, you have a good 30 seconds to spell out a mouthful.
Tendency to get lost! Just kidding, thats about it folks. These guys are a good investment and a great companion at the gym. Get a pair without any 2nd thoughts!
ps: If you don't mind the striking green color, go for the cheaper MX75 ones.I did not see a great deal of difference between the two.
I first ordered these earbuds about two years ago. They came promptly, and I was able to experience really great sound quality from them. They were loud, clean, and with the adjustable earpieces, were able to fit snuggly into my ears without fear of ever falling out accidentally, or being uncomfortable. They definitely deliver when it comes to output.
However, those earbuds broke within the year, and the design flaw is clearly in the elbow joint where it connects to my phone/media player. I shrugged it off as me possibly being too rough with them, them getting too wet (even though they are water resistant and encourage you to rinse them for cleaning), etc.
I figured I'd try them out again, seeing as I loved their sound quality and fit. I purchased my second pair of Sennheiser earbuds in April 2012, and today they have broken again. The issue was again clearly in the elbow joint (depending on how I pressed on it or bent it the sound would come back or fade). This makes them unusable. It's worth mentioning that this pair I made sure to be gentle with. I never wrapped them around my electronics, they would only be lightly bunched together and tossed onto my desk when not in use, and I would feed them through my shirt and into my pocket when listening (with the input at the top of my pocket).
I'm pretty disappointed, as I'm a fan of Sennheisers and was hoping the first pair was a fluke, but with the same issue arising a second time, it clearly wasn't. Maybe ~9 months is the average lifetime for earbuds, I honestly can't say I know, but I feel that they should be lasting longer, especially when using a brand like Sennheiser.
Pros: Great sound quality, comfortable, and cool different color.
Cons: Elbow joint design causes earbuds to be rendered useless within a year.
1) Headphones come with a kit with several different flange sizes to fit your ears. Whether you have large or small ears you should be able to find a combination of rubber flanges that fit you best.
2) Extremely durable and can endure perspiration/moisture better than other headphones. I routinely throw water on my head when running and these headphones keep on jamming.
3) Lightweight over the neck cord doesn't get in the way during running. I find that running the cord up the front of my shirt and then run the right ear-bud around my neck works best. Pair these headphones with an iPod shuffle and you've got the perfect running combination!
4) Build quality is much higher than the white ones that come with every iPod. These also feel much better than the $15 headphones you're probably tempted to pick up at your local Best Buy.
1) A little pricey. The MX75 (previous incarnation) has almost doubled in price over the past 2 years and the current MX85's are definitely more than I paid for the other pair a few years ago.
2) On each ear-bud there is a grey ring that covers the outside of the speaker. "Gunk" (for lack of a better term) tends to get trapped under there fairly easily so you'll want to clean under there at least one a month to keep out bacteria.
In summary- great headphones for running (and exercising in general). No regrets- just buy them!
Most recent customer reviews
They are a bit gummed up and dirty, but they still work. I will probably buy a new set this year.