Other Sellers on Amazon
Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680i Sports Headset (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$68.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Smart remote with mic: enhanced usability for the latest models of iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Sweat and water resistant.
- Ergonomic neckband: secure and comfort fit during workout
- High output drivers: energizing sound.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680i Sports Headset (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price||$68.99||See price in cart||$84.96||$34.88||$59.99||See price in cart|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Chainspell's Store||Amazon.com||FitLine Supply||fidelitydealz||alwayz-on-sale||Amazon.com|
|Color||blackyellow||Green||Black||Orange & Grey||Blackyellow||Green|
|Item Dimensions||8.7 x 4 x 1.6 in||2.4 x 7.1 x 6.3 in||1 x 1 x 1 in||4.7 x 5.5 x 1.7 in||8.7 x 4 x 1.6 in||1.6 x 4.7 x 5.5 in|
|Additional Features||ios-phone-control||sports-and-exercise||lightweight||android-phone-control, ios-phone-control, lightweight, tangle-free-cord, universal-phone-control||ios-phone-control, volume-control||sports-and-exercise|
Unique headset design with in line remote and microphone, sweat and water resistent, ideal for your iPhone and iPad
Top Customer Reviews
A few people complain that the mic doesn't work with their Blackberry, Macbook, Droid, or non-iOS device. The product description clearly states that the mic is designed mainly for iPhones, recent models of iPod touch, and iPads, but will also work with 2009 and later Macbooks/Macbook Pros. If you are buying this for the mic to use with your non-iOS device, check Sennheiser's website to see whether it'll work with your device.
Sennheiser's 680 line includes several different models that have the same sound quality and speaker components, but different ways of making them sit on your ears. This model, the PMX, is one piece that wraps around the back of the head. Other models in this line are called CX, OMX, and MX. They attach to your ears with clips or "ear fins", depending on the model. Also, some models have noise isolation (for when you don't want to hear the annoying music playing over the gym's loudspeakers) while other models in this series are more open (so you can hear honking cars while you're jogging on the side of the street). The PMX is one of the more open ones, but when I'm using them at the gym, the outside noise doesn't bleed in too much.
Also, note that some models have the number "680i" while others are just "680". The difference is whether it has a microphone. "680" (with no "i") means no mic, but there is an in-line volume control. "680i" has the in-line volume control and the built-in mic.
Unfortunately, most of us cannot try these on before purchasing to determine which format is most comfortable. So if you're thinking of buying these, purchase from a reputable vendor that stands by their return policy.
Lastly, I'd suggest comparing the prices of various sellers. I bought mine from OnSale, an Amazon third-party vendor, and paid a lot less than Amazon is currently charging. I've bought several things from OnSale through Amazon's website, and their service has always been excellent.
In sum, the Sennheiser 680 line offers very good sound quality for the money, good build quality, and different models with different options regarding fit, noise isolation, and mic. One of the models in this line is likely to be a great match for your needs. For me, it's this one, the PMX 680i.
1. This is obvious, but I have to express my appreciation for the mic and play controls. When you have podcasts of varying volume levels, easy access to volume buttons is so convenient.
2. Straight cord -- the previous model was designed with a coil in the cord. Terrible design decision! I was constantly untangling the cord.
3. Straight connector -- the old one was L-shaped and covered by a rubbery sleeve that was starting to slide up. This one is hard plastic and seems sturdier.
4. Lighter than older model.
5. Same good sound.
1. My biggest complaint is with the redesign of the plastic that goes over and behind your ears. It used to be solid and thinner. Now it's two pieces -- a hard plastic top "rail" and a softer plastic along the bottom. I can understand why they did this -- the flexible part rests on your ear and should make it more comfortable. However, I didn't find the older model uncomfortable, and the new design is much thicker. Before it was never a problem to wear my headphones and sunglasses under my helmet. The stems of the sunglasses would fit against my head and above the headphones. With the headset's new design, there's no room for the stems, so I have to wear them over the headset which squeezes them against my head. My commute is only 30 minutes, but I imagine if it were longer, the pressure would start to get uncomfortable.
2. My old headphones came with rubber covers for the speakers. When they got dirty, you could pop them off and wash them in water. This headset comes with those standard foam covers that are so difficult to put on and have to be thrown out and replaced every so often. I prefer the greener alternative of reusable rubber covers.
Sennheiser claims this headset is water resistant. That's hard to believe with the exposed mic and controls. I rode through some torrential downpours with the headphones, and they're still going strong. I'll be sure to update this review if the headset dies after its first ride through the rain.
For this last pair, the button that temporarily stops the music never worked from day one. I didn't really ever have a need for it and it was not a feature i really cared about which is why I never returned them. But I should have realized the problems with the overall product quality from sSennhaiser at that point, returned them and moved to a different manufacturer
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The only issue I have with it is the curves on top of the ear have a sort of a grainy and sand...Read more