Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sennheiser RS 160 RF Wireless Headphones
|Price:||$113.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Closed circumaural digital wireless headphones
- Dynamic headphones with bass driven audio
- Ergonomic adustable headband for excellent fit
- Compact portable transmitter with multi-receiver capability
- Digital volume control with mute function
- Not compatible with Bluetooth technology
- Compact portable transmitter with multi-receiver capability
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Sennheiser RS 160 RF Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser HDR 160 Headphone B003ZLCAW2
|Price||$113.94||See price in cart||See price in cart||$70.00|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Headphones Form Factor||closed-back||closed-back||open-back||closed-back|
|Dimensions||9 inches x 9.8 inches x 4.4 inches||11.6 inches x 9.3 inches x 5.9 inches||11.6 inches x 9.3 inches x 5.9 inches||4.3 inches x 9.8 inches x 9.8 inches|
|Item Weight||0.65 pounds||3 pounds||3.1 pounds||1.3 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The RS 160 combines the best wireless audio quality with a truly versatile compact transmitter for listening at home, on-the-go or at the office. This wireless headphone system consists of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 160) and a compact transmitter (TX 160) which runs on AC or battery power to best accommodate your application. The transmitter's compact size makes it a natural selection for automotive installs or in dentist/doctor's offices. The RS 160 utilizes KLEER's lossless digital wireless audio transmission, offering a range of up to 60 feet of audiophile-grade sound and reception to four optional pairs of Sennheiser KLEER headphones. Never fuss with tuning again thanks to automatic, interference-free pairing between the headphone and transmitter.
There's no setup needed--simply plug the transmitter's cable into your audio source's analog output and you're ready to go. The wireless headphones operate on 2 AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries, which are included.
KLEER Wireless Audio
The RS 160 utilizes KLEER's lossless digital wireless audio transmission, offering a range of up to 60 feet for audiophile-grade sound and reception to four optional pairs of Sennheiser KLEER headphones. Never fuss with tuning again thanks to automatic, interference-free pairing between the headphone and transmitter. KLEER technology will not interfere with wireless networks or other 2.4GHz devices. Up to 4 compatible Sennhesier KLEER headphones can be paired with the same transmitter for private listening for multiple individuals.
Audiophile-level transducer systems with powerful neodymium magnets deliver clear and detailed audio reproduction. An exceptionally detailed, full-bodied sound reproduction is pumped into the listeners ears, filling the sealed, private earcups with liquid smooth audio. The headphones' leatherette earpads and headband cushions deliver outstanding comfort while their closed, around-the-ear design prevents sound leakage.
For more than 60 years the name Sennheiser has stood for the highest quality products and customized solutions across all areas of sound recording, transmission and reproduction. As one of the world’s leading providers of integrated solutions for electro-acoustic products, systems and services, Sennheiser constantly meets the challenges of developing creative answers which satisfy the requests and requirements of customers.
What's in the Box?
Sennheiser HDR 160 headphone, TX 160 transmitter/charging station, multi-country AC wall adapterdetachable audio cable with 1/8 connectors, 1/8" female to 1/4" inch male audio adapter, 2 AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries, operating instructions, warranty.
- Carrier frequency: 2.4 - 2.8 GHz (auto selecting)
- Range: Up to 60 feet
- Operating time: Up to 24 hours per charge
- Detachable audio cable with 1/8 inch connectors
- Transducer type: Sealed
- Headphone type: Circumaural
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 106 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% a 1 kHz
- Signal-to-noise-ratio: 85 dBA (0,5 Vrms, 1 kHz)
- Frequency response (headphones): 18 Hz - 21,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Charging time: 16 hours
- Battery: 2 x AAA size NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Dimensions (transmitter): 3.4" x 3.8" x 1.1"
- Weight (transmitter): 1.9 oz (216g)
- Weight (headset): 7.8 oz (216g)
Top Customer Reviews
The RS 160 uses integrated circuits by a company called Kleer to transmit CD quality audio, and that's exactly what you get. The sound is fantastic and limited only by the hardware and cup design of the headphones themselves. Audiophiles may want to step up to the RS 170 or RS 180, but for television, computer, or music at night when the baby goes to bed...these are perfect. You'll hear things in your music you weren't able to hear before using high quality headphones.
The on/off/mute button is easily found on the headset, as are the adjacent up and down volume buttons. I put alkaline batteries in the headphones to test them right out of the box and put the rechargeable batteries in to charge overnight. Every week (5-10 hours of use) I plug the headset into the power cord that normally feeds the transmitter to recharge. The batteries have never run down.Read more ›
1) Sound: In spite of having old ears (70) I listen with critical intensity and am still aware of limitions in many CDs, LPs and speakers. I consider this headset "very good" -- with clear highs and midrange. I would prefer 10% more bass but could easily provide it with my intermediate amp.
Separation is excellent -- true stereo, no matter where you sit. Of course, this is a benefit of using a headset rather than discrete speakers.
Presence is good -- one feels that the singer or lead instrument is up-front, clear and emphasized.
Although I am not aware that anything specific is missing, the Depth of the orchestra seems limited -- no instrument is farther back. But this is also true in most bookshelf and medium floor speakers. It's not that something is missing in the headset; it's that something "extra" exists in large, high quality speakers (or multiple speakers).
2) Range: Less than advertised but not a problem. In the house, my signal quits about 30' to 40' from the base unit. This is through 2 walls, which may be the determining factor.
3) Setup: Simple, except that I was unable to determine if one needs rechargeable batteries in the base unit. Documentation suggests No but I finally decided Yes to avoid any damage.
4) Convenience: Good -- depending on your physical setup. I leave everything routed, taped down and on Charge. To listen, I activate the source (WMP/MP3@256Kbps); unplug the headset from the charger; press the Base-unit button; and, press the Headset button. (My amp is always On, or that would be another step.)
The headset buttons are poorly designed but are not a problem.Read more ›
Update: I upgraded my TV and it had no headphone jack and only digital audio out. The only way I could get the these headphones to work on the digital audio out, was to purchase a digital to analog converter box. After that they worked fine and with adequate volume. I've noticed the earpiece material is cracking, perhaps it's from me wiping them off with disinfectant wipes. Also, I've notice the microwave when running will interfere with reception. Otherwise the Kleer technology works great albiet they don't seem to have the range of previous wireless headphones I have owned ( sony and seinheser).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I recently purchased the RS 160 as a gift for my husband. The sound quality is fine but the design needs improvement. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by marymary
These headphones are saving our marriage! My husband had the TV volume so high, I couldn't stand to be in the same room. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Huggy Bear
I like these but there is not enough bass and especially separation. Sounds compressed at times.Published 21 days ago by HOT MIX
These work really nicely and have excellent sound quality. The only thing that takes a little getting used to is that they are not "smart" and do not shut themselves down... Read morePublished 21 days ago by jm52716
Great range and sound. Only problem is the leather muffs in the summer. But otherwise great productPublished 25 days ago by Navo Visagan