Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sennheiser SET840 -TV RF Stereo TV Assistive Liste..." and save 34% off the $279.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Sennheiser SET840 -TV RF Stereo TV Assistive Listening Headphones System
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless radio frequency system with transmitter and receiver (earphones) provide mobility within a range of up to 100 feet; even transmits even through walls
- Three selectable hearing settings on the transmitter to optimize speech. Ideal for plasma TVs
- TV connection cable with two 3.5 mm stereo jack plugs and one adapter to 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) jack socket
- NOTE: Refer the User Manual from the Technical Specification before use which is highly recommended.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Wireless Hearing Aid Headset System,Artiste 2.4G TV Assistive Listening Headphones, Including Wireless Transmitter,For Elderly Hearing Aid Headset,TV Sound Amplifier,2 Packs Battery-White
Wireless TV Headphones-INVONS Bluetooth and Non-Bluetooth In Ear Stereo Hearing Aid Assistance Earbuds Dual Digital Listening Ears Headset System HD Clear Sound Universal Hearing Amplifier(Black)
Lucid Audio AMPED HearBand and Wireless TV Streamer - Bluetooth Neckband Earbuds - Black
FREE!!! - AUDIO WIPES w/ Sennheiser Set 840 purchase
Wireless Hearing Aid Headphone, Dylan 2.4GHz Assistive Listening TV Headset System for Elderly with Transmitter Base 2 Packs Battery
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Yuanj_Pro||invons||Lucid Audio||MYHEARGEAR||Shenzhen DLL Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Headphone Fit||In-Ear||In-Ear||In-Ear||In-Ear||In-Ear||In-Ear, Over-Ear, On-Ear|
|Item Dimensions||9.45 x 5.04 x 1.02 in||2.4 x 2.4 x 8.7 in||1.9 x 11.8 x 7.1 in||7 x 11 x 3 in||—||—|
|Additional Features||TV Assistive Listening Headphones System||2.4G Digital without interfer., 2 pack high capacity battery, Personal Sound Amplifier||The headphone is rechargeable through the bottom case., Can connect to TV/Phone/Radio/MP3 and so on with blutooth or non blutooth equipmend via a signal transmitter.||Patent-Pending AMPED Technology||The Sennheiser 830 Tv Listening system brings the sounds of your Tv to your ears.||tv headphones for hard of hearing, for hearing impaired|
The Sennheiser Set 840-TV is an RF stereo TV listening system that is ideally suited for wireless listening in your home. Whether watching a TV program or listening to music, the Set 840-TV is sure to provide excellent sound. Just the push of a button sets the device to your personal listening preferences, providing you with the enjoyment of speech that is easier to understand. The lightweight receiver is comfortable to wear because of its flu exile ear pads. Ergonomic controls and visual feedback of certain operations make Set 840-TV easy to use. It can be connected directly to your TV, hi-fi system or radio. Ideal for plasma TVs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In a few words: Sennheiser is a company which is user friendly offering a First Class product at a reasonable price considering the quality of the unit. I did have one question, called the company directly and got an instant accurate answer. Believe me...You won't go wrong with this product.
- Crystal clear audio - I'd honestly forgotten what it's like not to strain to hear dialogue.
- Some ability to fine tune for best speech reception -- if I miss something now, it's because the TV show's audio engineering is bad or the actors are mumbling.
- There is absolutely no delay between the TV and the receiver, so no problem of lips and words being out of kilter.
- Easy volume adjustment (but no mute)
- Does not need to be direct line of sight or hold your head 'just so' for reception.
- Has an external mic component (in case you can't connect to the TV) that I imagine could be used just fine with radio or other non-TV sources.
- Ergonomics are a big fail. Only an engineer would think hanging the receiver module from your ears is a good idea. 2.5 ounces doesn't sound like much, but hang an i-pod from each ear and see how long you want to listen.
- In that vein, the ear-buds are hard and uncomfortable, apparently a Sennheiser trademark, btw - but after all, they're primarily designed not to fall out of your ears when hanging, not for your comfort. They do NOT get more comfortable as they adapt to your ears (as the booklet says) -- your ears sort of learn to tolerate them.
- Connecting the transmitter didn't work directly from the TV in either of the ways they described - just lots of feedback hum. After much frustration I finally had to hook it through my satellite receiver, a possibility they don't even mention in the rather minimalist instruction booklet.
So in terms of the excellent listening quality and not deafening the neighborhood with a blaring TV, yes, this set-up is worth the cost. In terms of comfort for prolonged use -- well, you've been meaning to watch less TV anyhow, right?
One other complaint - within days of placing my order, I started getting hearing aid ads in the mail - who sold me out? Amazon? Or the supplier?
Even more disappointing, I was charged a $43 restocking fee when I returned the second defective unit. I did search Amazon policies and Help for solutions and when I determined that I had returned both sets within the 30 day time limit I found the place in Help to contact Amazon and requested a phone call. The call was answered quickly and a very courteous customer service rep listened to the details of my problem and arranged for the re-stocking fee to be returned to my card.
In summary I would say don't hesitate to buy this item as it seems to work very well for a lot of people, just use it enough to make sure it works and if not, return before 30 days are up and be prepared to follow up on any restocking fee.