- Hardcover: 496 pages
- Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing; 9 edition (February 12, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1133958494
- ISBN-13: 978-1133958499
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 9.3 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (34 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #242,125 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sensation and Perception (with CourseMate Printed Access Card) 9th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Titles for medical residents
Featured Lippincott resources for medical residents. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
1. Introduction to Perception. 2. The Physiological Beginnings of Perception. 3. Neural Processing and Coding. 4. Cortical Organization. 5. Perceiving Objects and Scenes. 6. Visual Attention. 7. Taking Action. 8. Perceiving Motion. 9. Perceiving Color. 10. Perceiving Depth and Size. 11. Sound and the Perception of Pitch. 12. Auditory Localization, the Auditory Scene, and Music. 13. Speech Perception. 14. The Cutaneous Senses. 15. The Chemical Senses. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
E. BRUCE GOLDSTEIN is Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Pittsburgh and Adjunct Professor of Psychology at the University of Arizona. He has received the Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award from the University of Pittsburgh for his classroom teaching and textbook writing. He received his bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from Tufts University and his PhD in experimental psychology from Brown University; he was a postdoctoral fellow in the Biology Department at Harvard University before joining the faculty at the University of Pittsburgh. Bruce has published papers on a wide variety of topics, including retinal and cortical physiology, visual attention, and the perception of pictures. He is the author of SENSATION AND PERCEPTION, 9th Edition (Cengage, 2014), and the editor of the BLACKWELL HANDBOOK OF PERCEPTION (Blackwell, 2001) and the two-volume SAGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PERCEPTION (Sage, 2010).
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?