- Series: School for Advanced Research Advanced Seminar Series
- Paperback: 310 pages
- Publisher: School for Advanced Research Press (November 1, 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0933452950
- ISBN-13: 978-0933452954
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 6.2 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #739,204 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Senses of Place (School for Advanced Research Advanced Seminar Series) Paperback – November 1, 1996
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
...what an anthropology of place, space, and landscape needs to achieve...demonstrates the continued power and vitality of detailed ethnographic research. --Eric Hirsch, Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute
About the Author
Steven Feld, a MacArthur Fellowship recpient, is Professor of Anthropology and Music at the University of New Mexico. He is coauthor, with Charles Keil, of Music Grooves: Essays and Dialogues and, with Bambi B. Schieffelin, of Bosavi-English-Tok Pisin Dictionary. With Keith H. Basso he coedited Senses of Place.
fm.author_biographical_note1 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?