Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on August 25, 2013
It's like running 1st grade through 10th grade over and over again. More than enough to get you past a 48 on Verbal if the SC is holding you back, but a perfect may still require the SC bible.

Honestly, if you need the advanced stuff and anything past the first few chapters you are going to do great on the SC portion of the verbal. At some point though, I did realize that meaning and those basic few things - parallelism, verb tense, logical flow, etc. were the keys to getting 80-90% of the SC...That last few percent is a lot of work for not much return. CR book is also off the charts and saved my posterior!
on February 10, 2014
When I approached the GMAT I read that the Manhattan set was "the most comprehensive material" on the subject. However, since I barely had a month to prepare before the exam, I wanted something quick, not comprehensive.
So, I thought, let's get the Manhattan book only for the subject (sentence correction) in which I feel weaker.
I was surprised by how well thought this book is and went for more, using the almost whole set.

My advice is: if you are smart and busy the Manhattan set is for you. Do not be intimidated by the amount of material, you can use it even if you only have 3 weeks to prepare for the exam.

Final note: the Kindle edition, which I purchased, was decently (although not perfectly) formatted and well readable.
on April 9, 2014
I am a non-native studying for the GMAT. I found on this book a great summarized and very concise manner to consolidate my Verbal knowledge. I dont use it as the main material for my studying, I use it as a complement. It also comes with 6 CAT tests!
on June 30, 2016
Follow this book thoroughly and you'll be able to handle pretty much every GMAT sentence correction problem. Just a tip: Don't delve too much into whether a particular word is a gerund or an infinitive or any other grammatical term. Just ensure that the context and usage are clear.
on July 8, 2017
It is a very good book and the best part are the online prep tests.
on January 21, 2014
I was poor at grammar and Manhattan helped me a lot! A must-have book if you are not good at grammar but want to get a high grade on the verbal part. In my view, the most important part in the verbal is sentence correction since this is the easiest part and you don't want to lose points on this part. Buy it if you want to get a high grade on sentence correction!
on December 6, 2013
I got this kindle edition for $0.77 last week, don't know how, and the price is now close to 10X of that! Plus, I have access to all 6 MGMAT CATs and SC Question Bank! This was the best deal ever.
Apart from that, this book is one of the best in the market for SC review; SC is a topic you don't wanna be messing around with, especially if you are a non-native.
on April 6, 2017
Claims New, but Used!
on January 4, 2013
Great book. Especially the first few sections on verbs and nouns. I felt idioms could be detailed even more with many examples as it appears in GMAT. The examples in this book are very short. Other than that a great buy to study the sentence correction.
on June 17, 2014
I have used a tutor to help with my GMAT studies, but this has a been a very helpful supplement to boost my SC skills. You cannot beat it for less than $20 and will probably get you 20-30 points more on the GMAT.