WD 8TB WD Sentinel DX4000 Small Business Network File Storage Server iSCSI NAS
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Setting up one customer-supplied network attach storage unit
- Installing storage software on computer
- Connecting storage unit to network
- Testing and verifying proper connection
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Plug-and-play installation
- Complete Support for Mac OS
- Build-in secure remote access
- Equipped with a built-in DLNA media server
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet and dual USB 3.0 ports
- 25 client computer backup and restore licenses included
- Secure remote access via a Web browser, plus a free Web sub-domain
- Easily manage the setup, administration and deployment of iSCSI storage capabilities
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Whether you're an IT expert or not, WD Sentinel is easy to install and provides secure centralized storage, complete data protection, and remote file access for your employees and trusted vendors while in the office or from anywhere.
From the Manufacturer
WD Sentinel Small Office Storage Server - Connect. Protect. Collaborate.
WD Sentinel is easy to install and provides secure centralized storage, complete data protection, and remote file access for your employees while in the office or from anywhere with a network connection. Featuring hardware and software from industry leaders it delivers a reliable, secure, and easy-to-manage storage server designed specifically for small office environments.
Designed to be up and running in minutes. WD Sentinel comes with everything you need to centralize your business files. Once it's set up, it intelligently manages drive and network status, reducing maintenance time so you can focus on your business.
Built-on proven technologies from industry leaders, WD Sentinel small office server offers your business a complete data protection solution for your peace of mind.
Enhance your business efficiency and productivity by enabling anytime, anywhere access to your business information. Your employees and trusted partners have secure access to your company files without the complexity and expense of a VPN solution.
Plug-and-play installation - The easy set up process allows the small business owner or IT consultant to integrate WD Sentinel into your office network like a pro. The administration dashboard quickly guides the user through the set up process including adding users, setting up user access, creating public or private shares, and scheduling backups.
Easy maintenance - Replacing one of the pre-installed drives or adding an additional drive is as easy as changing a light bulb. Just open the door and swap out the drives. WD Sentinel does the rest. It seamlessly migrates the server to the appropriate RAID level and automatically expands the server's storage capacity. Connected users can still access critical business data while the drive is being integrated. No data loss. No down time.
Secure remote access - WD Sentinel is perfect for businesses with employees working in satellite or home offices because you have the security of knowing all your business files are safely stored in one place and remote employees can access them from any computer with an Internet connection. WD Sentinel also performs automatic daily backups so all of the files on all the computers in the network are backed up and protected.
LCD Display panel readily offers critical information - The LCD display panel on the front of the device allows the user to monitor the system status and critical alerts.
Realtime system status through the administration dashboard - View realtime updates for drive, RAID, and network status through WD Sentinel's dashboard, which includes easy-to-use task wizards to help the user set backup schedules, administer user accounts, and manage public and private shares.
A total solution with industry-leading technology partners - We combined hardware and software from industry leaders to deliver a reliable, secure and easy-to-manage storage server designed specifically for small office environments. WD Sentinel features:
- WD hard drives - Featuring hard drives optimized for reliability, quality and performance.
- Intel Atom processor - Built with the latest Intel Atom dual core processor inside, WD Sentinel DX4000 can easily handle a small business's day-to-day computing and file storage demands.
- Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials - WD Sentinel DX4000 uses the tested Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system to provide the cost effective, reliable, and scalable storage solution a small business needs to quickly and efficiently organize, protect, and share critical business data using the familiar Windows user experience.
Leading-edge performance - With dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, WD Sentinel DX4000 delivers read speeds up to 100 MBps through the Gigabit Ethernet interface. That's four times faster than most network drives in this category today. For maximum flexibility there is also a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port that offers connectivity for additional storage devices and up to 5Gb/s transfer rates.
Compatible with multiple operating systems - WD Sentinel includes the Connector software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Mac OS X Lion*. Support for major network file-system protocols enables cross-platform compatibility and file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems.
*May require updating your system with latest MS and WD updates.
Stream digital media anywhere in the network - With the built-in DLNA media server, connected employees can access any shared media libraries on the network rather than maintaining copies on their individual computers. Companies can also stream digital content like videos, music, or digital signage for employees, vendors or clients using remote web access.
Comprehensive data protection.
- Pre-configured with WD's reliable and durable enterprise-class drives
- RAID level 1/5 for protection and speed
- Automatic backup and restore
- Dual Ethernet ports provide redundancy
- Optional backup power supply for increased uptime
- Optional off-site disaster recovery protection
WD Guardian Services for Small Business support- WD offers standard customer support and warranty to all WD Sentinel owners. WD Guardian Services provide additional support and warranty options for small business customers. Choose from various technical support plans and extended warranty services that work best for your business.
- Creating a secure small office network for up to 25 computers
- Protecting your critical business data with comprehensive data protection – WD drives, RAID, automatic backup, dual Ethernet ports, optional power supply and optional disaster recovery
- Setting up automatic backups for up to 25 computers
- Restoring files to their previous location in the event of a system failure
- Providing secure remote access to satellite offices and employees who work remotely
- Offering cross platform file sharing with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Connecting and powering through your USB interface
What's in the box
Small Office Storage Server, RJ45 Ethernet cable, AC Adapter with power cord, Quick Install Guide.
WD Sentinel includes the Connector software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Leopard and Mac OS Snow Leopard. Support for major network file-system protocols enables cross-platform compatibility and file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems.
Features at a glance
- Plug-and-play installation
- Easy drive maintenance with automatic RAID migration and capacity expansion
- Built-in secure remote access
- Automatic backups for up to 25 computers on the network
- Easy restore functionality in case of system failure
- Easy administration with LCD panel and administration dashboard
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet for speed and increased system uptime
- USB 3.0 port for USB connectivity
- Built-in DLNA media server
Top customer reviews
I had to search the internet for help and it was very technical and very difficult. Many hours later I was able to get the software installed.
Some sites that may help if you have this problem are:
[...] (This one deals with Exchange but the root problem is the same)
Once you get the client software installed on all the computers you want to backup or to have access the DX4000, I've found it works flawlessly. It's not the cheapest, but this is the best (easiest and most reliable) backup solution I have found for home or small office use.
Because it uses data de-duplication you can have dozens of copies of each computer stored with out taking up all the space needed to hold the multiple copies. Once a computer is backed up, only the changes are copied on subsequent backups. However, each backup is considered a complete backup and can be restored in a single act. (I have not had to do this yet)
I was concerned that it was going to be too loud for my study/office but it was loud during the initial setup only. The fans adjust speed based upon internal temperature and there was a lot of disk activity during initial setup. It's much quieter in daily use.
So, it can be a real pain to set up depending upon your circumstances, but after that I've found it to be a great "set it and forget it" solution
Most recent customer reviews
If a drive dies, you have to get it replaced by WD.Read more