Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Sentri All-In-One Home Monitoring (Pearl White)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 58% off the $299.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Sentri All-In-One Home Monitoring (Pearl White)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simple Setup - Setup in seconds with no installation required (no cords, cables, or phones).
- Powerful Tech - Packed with everything you need to keep your home safer and smarter.
- Designed for You - Sleek hardware matched with a customizable background.
- Real-time Alerts - Always stay in the know with real-time alerts, sent straight to your phone.
- Always Getting Smarter - Automatic over-the-air updates to always improve your Sentri.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||9.8 x 1.18 x 9.8 inches|
|Item Weight||3.52 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||3.95 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Sentri All-In-One Home Monitoring (Pearl White)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Le Sales||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||smanos|
|Item Dimensions||1.18 x 9.8 x 9.8 in||3 x 3 x 6 in||2.02 x 5.24 x 4.77 in||7.3 x 10.3 x 4.7 in|
Sentri is an all-in-one home monitoring solution that makes any home safer and smarter in seconds. Sentri comes packed with an 120-degree wide angle camera, sensors that track your home's environmental health, a 10.1" touchscreen real-time mobile alerts, and much more -- making sure you're always in the know.
Sentri is always learning, and includes automatic over-the-air updates that continue to expand the experience you'll get at home.
- 120-degree wide-angle HD Camera
- Night Vision
- Motion Detection
- Humidity Sensor
- Air Quality Monitor
- Backup Battery
- Live Video/Audio Streaming
- Mobile Notification and Alert Timeline
- Customizable Security Setting
- Dashboard and Trend Display
- Control of other smart devices (compatible with Nest Thermostat, Philip Hue, Belkin Wemo)
Mobile apps available on iOS App Store and Android Play Store
Visit http://sentri.me/ for more details.
Top Customer Reviews
* Modern, sleak design
* Full touchscreen - adjust settings and view video history directly on the device
* Very simple setup - just plug in power and setup on the touchscreen, does not need a computer.
* Great iOS App - view live video any time, and view all recording in the past 12 hours for free. Good notification on activity
* Video - very clear video quality on the device and on iPhone.
* Bandwidth friendly - only upload when viewing live video or when it detect activities. This uses much less bandwidth than DropCam
* Good timeline - easy to browse what happened recently. It shows a snapshot whenever it detects motion and I can click on the snapshot to see video recording.
* Cloud recording - it saves the video online so you can view it anytime and anywhere. It's free for the last 12 hours of recording. I am amazed that there is an option to keep all the videos on the cloud forever, yes, forever! It's an expensive option and I have never seen this offered by any other smart home device.
* No zoom feature
* No local storage - all the videos are saved online, and you would need to pay for it if you want it to keep your videos for longer than half a day.
* Motion sensitivity - it picks up all the motions, even when my cats are just wondering in my living room.
The built-in camera is decidedly sub-standard; it gives what I think is very poor video quality. The rest of the features are a bit of a "meh".. not groundbreaking in any way and of marginal use.
I have a recent update to my WEMO app on my Android phone that sees all my devices and lets me manage all of them; so the Sentri has no particular advantage on that front.
Like I said, disappointing in general and it feels incredibly cheaply made. The whole thing feels flimsy and the fold out "leg" feels like it could break off at any time.
1. A wide angle camera to recording when it detects motion.
2. An app that receives a notification and allows you to view the recorded motion video.
3. A graph and monitoring of air quality, temperature, humidity, and weather.
4. All of this in a nice looking device that you can hang on your wall.
When I got the Sentri, I plugged it in and followed the on-screen instructions to set it up. In connected it to my home's WiFi and the setup was very quick. There isn't much to it. You basically create an account, name your Sentri, and it's good to go. There is an iOS app that you can download and login to your account, and you'll be able to access your Sentri remotely and receive notifications.
I downloaded the app, and immediately noticed that it's just an iPhone app, and not universal. It would be great if the app worked natively on the iPad, and especially cool if it also worked on the new AppleTV. I don't "expect" it to work on the AppleTV, but I do expect it to work natively on the iPad. On my iPad, I could run it just fine, but it's an iPhone app that is pixel doubled.
What I noticed was that I was only able to access the Sentri remotely about 75% of the time. Most of the time, it would unfortunately tell me that it could not access the Sentri. Of course, I tried to delete and reinstall the app, I checked my phone's internet connection, and tried to connect via LTE and WiFi. Nothing. I also rebooted the Sentri, and made sure that the Sentri was on my network. (Look for an item on your network called DOMEX to get it's IP address). I found it's IP address and could ping it. I also tried to connect it via ethernet, but it didn't help the reliability.
The Sentri has two modes, a home mode (no alerts) and an away mode (alerts). When set to Away, when I walked in the door, I would get a push notification on my iPhone and when I opened it, it would take me to a screen in the app where I could watch the video, or view the video live. That's a VERY USEFUL FEATURE because that's exactly what I want to do. If I get an alert, I like that I can immediately see the live video also. If it's dark, it uses IR to light up the room, and it does this very well.
The temperature and humidity sensors were very close to what my Nest thermostat nearby was reporting, so I was happy with that.
Overall, it's a nice device. Imagine an Android tablet in a large enclosure, that you can place on a desk or mount on the wall. It's clear that it's Android, but it has a very limited UI. You can change the wallpaper, see the time, temperature, humidity, air quality, and weather. You can also see some settings, and a timeline of events.
I also like that it received updates several times, and I believe over time, it'll probably get much better. I would like to see a MicroSD slot so that I can record locally in addition to the remote cloud recording.
Speaking of the cloud recording, the prices are good. With a competitor like Nest, for $99 you get a year of viewing the last thirty days of videos. With the Sentri, you get the last YEAR of videos for $99 a year. Now that's a good deal. Even better, for free, you get 7 days of alerts and video.
I gave it three stars because the connection issues I encountered need to be fixed. They happened often enough that I really wasn't surprised when I couldn't access the Sentri. Like I said, it wasn't just my phone, the device itself was not accessible. You can see from my pictures that Android actually crashed also, but, since then there have been software updates which may have fixed that problem.
They are really good about responding to people and roll out updates, so I'm hopeful for updates that fix a lot of these problems. The idea behind the device is nice, once they get the device completely consumer ready, it'll be great. I did receive this device at a discount in exchange for my unbiased and honest review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pink video hues.
Low quality video.Read more
I was a backer in their kickstarter campaign and can admit, that at the beginning, there seemed to be promise for this product.Read more
Sentri offered a ton of features and delivered on very little.Read more
First the things I most like about the product from just reading the description is...Read more