Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,365 reviews
on October 30, 2015
Sentry Mix 2

I recently bought some new fans for my case and found them to be obnoxiously loud. I looked into many fan controllers and found that this was the best for the price.

It fits nicely and installs easily into my case. The leds look great! I love that you can change the color by pushing the button off to the left. At the lowest setting, the fans run at 40%. I love the way the knobs move. They don't feel flimsy at all unlike some others I've seen.

The only issue I have with this is that it has a ton of wires. With good cable management this is no big deal but can be a turn off for some people.

I bought this at $30 and don't regret it at all!
on December 2, 2015
I installed the NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller in my Corsair 750d.

+ The first thing I noticed was that the cables weren't actually too messy. I thought it would leave cables all over the place but it wasn't that bad. I simply unraveled about 3 inches of the bundle of cables and re-wrapped the bundle with the twist tie it came with. I left it mostly bundled as it came from the factory. The cables coming from the fan were long enough to reach, so there wasn't too much additional wire mess from the fan controller.

~ The second thing I noticed was that the mounting holes seem to be uneven. I'm not sure if that's because of my case or the fan controller, so I didn't take off a star for that. (See attached pictures)

- However, and here is where I took off a star: the viewing angles are absolutely atrocious! My case is on the floor, and obviously I'm not, so I have to stoop down to the floor from my chair to see it. My case is also to the side of my desk, which makes the viewing angle even worse. Unless I look at it 100% straight on, it is difficult to see all the details of the screen. Very poor quality LCD screen and I didn't even think that could be a factor when purchasing.

Overall though, it does work well. It senses the RPM from my case fans perfectly and controlling them is a breeze. Running at 100% for maximum airflow when gaming, or the minimum of 40% for near perfect silence. Or the various auto-sensing modes based on readings from the temperature sensor which I hung between my CPU heatsink and exhaust fan (I didn't have time to to affix the sensor to the base of my heatsink's heatpipes yet). I "linked" the case fans together for changing all of them quickly and conveniently. Aside from the poor viewing angles, the Sentry 3 is a great value, it works well, and does what you would expect it to with an easy to use touchscreen UI.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2016
This is for the Sentry Mix 2

Works great and love that I can control individual fan speeds now. Looks sleek and matches my tower nicely.

However, after three months of intermittent use (I don't change settings constantly as I often forget, sometimes after a couple days) the handle for one of the sliders broke right off into two pieces. Turns out the handle and the lever isn't one solid piece. I checked the other sliders and one other was loose; pulled it off and sure enough it had a couple splits at the end.

I was able to glue them back together and stick them back on and all was well. However, it would've been lovely if they made of a more durable material like a stronger plastic or metal.
review image review image
on April 23, 2015
This NZXT 5 fan controller is awesome and a must have for todays high temperature motherboards, its a breeze to set up and looks fantastic in my Thermaltake XaserVI tower. The menus are simple to navigate through or just leave alone in automatic mode to control the temperature in the Corsair LED Fans in my case. This unit could easily sale in excess of a hundred dollars, and is a steal for what you get. As long as you have two open 5.25 bays in your case you can't fo wrong in this purchase, I now have had this item almost two years and just bought another one for new 2nd gaming system I am building for my wife, other than an occasional fan stop beep the product has functioned flawlessly , after reviewing some comments about a buyer or two that had fan spin up problems , I would say to them what size is your power supply? since this unit as well as your fans runs on it, it sounds like to me there is a voltage problem on there computer. I also saw a review or so that said that it didn't keep time and they had to reset there clocks on a regular basis, on the back of the fan controller there is a large watch type battery that needs to be replaced once in a while and it would be my guess that is the main issue causing time loss.
I now have two of the NZXT Sentry Lx Performance fan controllers and would highly recommend this unit to anyone who has two 5.25 bays available there a must have for those wanting to make a huge upgrade to there gaming or custom built systems
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 1, 2016
only 3 channels out of 5 work to control the fan
channel number 4 and 5 both bad .. they run my fans at full speed. i tried different fans with diffrent rpm .. still same problem

i bought this to control all my fans and to make my pc quiet , not to run some fans at full speed which will make my pc loud and noisy

now im using my motherboard to control fans , it have 4 headers for case fans and 2 headers for cpu fans ( Asrock FAN-Tastic Tuning Utility ) which can control both 3 or 4 pin fans without any problem " it allow you also to control fan based on cpu or motherboard temp ) i can lower the power of the fans from 10% to 100% .. now my pc quiet
while this fan controller the lowest power 40% + 2 bad channels out of 5

also if you have cooler master fans especially "SickleFlow" this fan controller ((make these fan procedure very annoying buzzing noise)) if you don’t run the fan at full speed or lowest speed , this didn't happen when i connected these fans to my motherboard

this review for NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller with Five 30 Watts Channels (Black)

Peace
on April 4, 2016
The Sentry Mix 2 is a phenomenal product, I tried two other fan controllers and both weren't compatible with my thermaltake fans. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the touch screen fan controllers but it gets the job done. Please remember this is a fully manual controller so you must raise and lower the sliders to your designated fan speed. This product allows me to run my computer with 5 fans almost silent while keeping it a cool 28C.

Overall I would recommend this product for any new pc builder for a simple and effective solution. K
on December 8, 2015
Let me start of by saying that my review is on the Sentry Mix 2, this is definitely the best bang for your buck and the easiest way to controller your fans. I had the SpeedFan software to control my fans and it worked pretty good but it became a problem to control each fan individually until I found this fan controller. This controller helps me control 6 fans individually and it keeps my PC extremely cool. Here are my specs so you have an idea of the setup i have.

Specs:
i7-4790 (Coolermaster EVO 212 x 2 Fans)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 FTW
16GB Ram
1TB HD
250GB SSD
4 cooling fans

In conclusion, this is a must get for people that play long periods of gaming or editing pictures or videos. Like I said before you can individually control every fan separately without any problems.
on March 9, 2016
I ordered this product to fix the issue I was having with my case fans being too loud. I have 5 fans in my case and they were running at 100% all the time and it was very noisy. This product was a perfect solution! It took me about 20 minutes to install this into my Corsair case and it fit like a glove. I personally do not like the knob switches many of the fan controllers have because they protrude from the case, which is one of the reasons I purchased this product. Another reason was that the majority of other fan controllers have blue LEDs integrated into the unit, which does not match the red theme I have for my PC. This product runs flawlessly so far after the install and I have not had a single issue. My only issue with this fan controller is that it only allows you to slow down fans speeds to 40%, which still allows for the fans to be heard while running. However, even at 40% it makes a huge difference in the noise my fans output. Other than that I think this product is great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a budget fan controller.
on December 30, 2016
This fan controller was purchased for the use on the computer that's in the living room is used for a multi media center, gaming machine, and video editor.

With everything that I saw online through YouTube through the reviews that people had done here, I was pretty impressed with what they said overall it was pretty spot on.

Here are the good points of the fan controller:

The touch screen is pretty sensitive to any touch.

The display is clear and easy to see in any light and even if it is at a slight angle you can still read it.

The fan controller definitely does this job as far as managing the fans.

Now for the negative side of this fan controller:

Ribbon cable, it's a pain in the butt to deal with it makes it hard to run the wires where you need to run them because of the cable itself.

They give you to spare are thermistors. The only problem is to replace any of the bad thermistors you must remove the glue from the connectors on the board so you can remove the bad thermistors. Somebody did not know what they were doing.

Figuring out some of the functions is a pain in the butt because the manual for it is nonexistent. That is also something that has been said many times by other people who have done reviews.

Now what things that kind of caught me off guard is the fact that you cannot run some fans automatic and some fans manual. The two main fans the one upfront in the one in back or supposed to be automatic. I wanted to set any other fans up in the case as a manual in case I need to just do some additional cooling. You cannot do that. That would be a nice function to have.

Overall, I would say it's a decent fin controller, it definitely does what it needs to do and I would purchase it again if I need to.
on November 20, 2016
This review is for the Sentry LX.

Let's start with the immediately obvious: This is the lowest quality LCD I've ever seen. You can't even read it from 5 degrees off plane; all of the segments look lit unless you're looking at it dead on.

LCD aside, how does it work? Not well. It lacks the power to spin anything larger than about 120mm at anything near full speed, and it doesn't do a very good job at regulating that speed either.

When set to manual mode, it periodically starts beeping to alert you of fan failure (I think?). The indicated temperatures are all in the 30s, so no where near the 70C alarm point. I'd guess it's beeping about a fan not spinning but I can't be sure since the documentation is terrible. By the time I look down at it, all fans are reporting to be working at their intended speed so I think it's just beeping to remind me that I should send it back.

Another fun quirk of manual mode: it determines the min/max speeds for you. I have 3 identical fans and of course it has different min/max speeds for all of them. When you do set a speed, it takes over a minute for it to actually get the fan up or down to that speed. I've never seen anything so slow to react.

So manual mode is out. Does auto work? As it turns out, it's literally no better. You can't adjust the target temperatures, and even with the alarm turned off it still periodically beeps at you. This unit literally can't do a single thing properly. It does seem to react to temperature changes quicker than it does manual speed changes, so it at least has that going for it.

Now onto the interface. The display would certainly be cool if it was visible from any sort of angle, but I already mentioned that. The buttons feel nice, including the one that resets EVERYTHING if you touch it. So don't touch, press, brush up against, or even look at the reset button. Otherwise you'll for sure have to get down on your hands and knees to see the display while reprogramming it again.

The rest of the interface is easy enough to figure out. High marks there, then.

One star. It beeps for no reason even if the alarm is off, it barely drives an average size fan at an acceptable speed, the display sucks, it doesn't accept 4 pin fans without shaving the connector, the speed control is terrible, and the reset button is (for lack of a better word) stupid.

I need to send this back. It doesn't work at all as advertised. The only limitation I knew about going in was the low-wattage output. The rest has been a not-so-nice surprise.