Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on July 23, 2013
I've only had this sound bar installed for a day, so I'll update this review if I need to, but here is what I know so far...

Pros:
-FRONT PANEL HEADPHONE PORT!! At least at the time of writing this review, finding a sound bar that has a headphone port or any audio out port is rare. Why is this a plus? Imagine having a 55" flatscreen TV hanging on the wall where access to the audio ports is a dangerous challenge and you want to watch a movie without the kids upstairs hearing it, or your infant is finally asleep and you fear waking him/her up. Having something that could easily allow you to plug in headphones is a plus and a rarity with sound bars. The "only option" provided by a popular electronics store is to get a receiver, which means more $$$ and more speakers throughout the room. This sound bar allows you to have easy front panel access to a headphone jack, and while I may not use it often, it's nice knowing I don't have to mess with my mounted TV whenever I want to use it. It also has an AUX jack if you want to plug in your mp3 player.
-Sound quality is much better than standard TV audio
-Small and compact - the dimensions are listed in the product's description above, but it is not as wide as your standard audio bar.
-Basic audio controls for remote (treble, bass, volume, mute, and reset (to default))

Cons:
-No digital audio (in case you were expecting it). It's only the composite red/white audio connection.
-We've already had issues with the remote. We're only 5-7 feet away and sometimes it takes pressing the buttons (like Mute) multiple times before it works. And it's very small.
-User Manual - No mention of the manufacturer name, address, phone number or email address, which makes me nervous. Also, whoever wrote the manual didn't try very hard to correct basic mistakes like grammar or typos. I'll copy verbatim (no exaggeration) some of what the manual says:

3. Heed all waminqs.
14. Refer all servicing to gualified service personnel. Servicing is reguired when the aqqaratus has been damaged in any way.
17. WARNING:The mains plug is used as disconnect devive,the disconnect device,the disconnect device shall remain readily operable
23. This appliance may produce low frequency sound wave and resonance with the DVD/VCD,this phenomena will arouse a pause,under this situation,please move the appliance away from the DVD/VCD player or adjust the direction or volume.
24. When finish enjoy the appliance,please set up the volume on lowest level before turning off the power.

And this was only a handful of examples. I only point this out because if this product messes up, customer service could be a linguistic challenge, or you could be dealing with a company that could care less about how their products are being presented.

The cons don't outweigh the pros, so i'd still recommend this product.
on September 26, 2013
The first one we had only last 1 year but order another one because it fit the cabinet we had. The second one only lasted one day and started humming unless you unplugged it, sent back to Amazon and went out and found another model and fit it to the a cabinet. Very cheaply built and not worth no matter what you pay!!!!!
on February 27, 2014
I purchased this speaker bar for my father who has impaired hearing, but does not want to wear a hearing aid. The connections were very simple and by placing the speaker next to his chair everyone in the room can now enjoy watching TV without having to crank up the volume to an uncomfortable level. The sound is much richer than the sound from the TV and he has enjoyed this speaker very much (almost as much as the rest of us). The only con I have is that the remote has to be very close and pointed right at the speaker to work properly, but it isn't too much of an issue since we have placed the bar right next to his chair. Overall, we are very pleased with the performance and price of the system.
on March 16, 2012
I looked at a number of systems that were very complicated and expensive. This is just great for those of us with hearing thats getting a little older. Easy to use and works really well. Came fast too. Liked it so much, we got another one for the TV downstairs. Both are 50 inch TV's. Great pics. Lousy sound. All fixed now.
on December 27, 2013
My wife wanted this sound bar for her Kitchen TV. It is a 19" flat screen connected to ATT U-verse. Upon arrival, it seemed too big (22" long) and bulky and HEAVY for such a small TV. However, we placed the TV on top of it and used it as a stand. It immediately looked and sounded better. The TV and Sound now is pointed directly at her. The TV speakers were in the BACK of the TV and shot the sound upwards...so she had to turn up the volume such that the whole house had to 'hear' the kitchen TV. Now, with directional sound all is perfect. I cannot even hear her from the kitchen when I'm in and other room. PROBLEM SOLVED. Straight forward hook-up with RCA cables. Remote comes with battery. Very Satisfied. HOWEVER, if YOU are looking for something small and compact....this unit is larger than it looks in photos.
on November 16, 2013
Very disappointed, it stopped working after a couple months, snd I used it very little. Im sending it back to the manufacturer to see if they will honor the one-year warranty.
on August 14, 2014
The product stopped working after only 3 months. I contacted the seller but never received a response. I had purchased a third party warranty from SquareTrade who refunded my purchase immediately. Sentry left me high and dry.
on November 17, 2015
Issue was with hooking it up since everything is done through the cable box or DVD player. NOT an issue with the product. It was very nice, but beyond my capabilities to figure out. Returned the speaker.
on June 5, 2013
The first day I used this everything worked okay. The next day the remote went out and it's the only control for the unit. I wasn't impressed by the sound when it was working. I returned it to Amazon and bought a Sony unit.
on April 7, 2014
works just great for what I needed. We use it for our flat screen TV that does not have good sound but this sound bar did the trick.