|Item Weight||11.62 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10.25 x 12.18 x 6.12 inches|
|Item model number||0500|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||0.15 Cubic Feet|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Owners's manual, Keys, Safe|
|Warranty Description||Limited One Year Warranty|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $6.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
SentrySafe 0500 Fireproof Box with Key Lock, 0.15 Cubic Feet
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||10.25 x 12.18 x 6.12 inches|
|Chamber Width||9.7 Inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fireproof box is UL Classified to endure 1/2 hour at 1550°F to protect small documents and small valuables from fire
- Fire safe box is ETL Verified to protect CDs, DVDs, and USBs from fire damage
- Fireproof lock box features a flat key lock to prevent the lid from opening in the event of a fire; includes two keys
- Exterior: 12.2 in. W x 10.3 in. D x 6.1 in. H; Interior: 9.7 in. W x 7.3 in. D x 3.8 in. H;
- Small capacity 0.15 cubic feet; weighs 11 pounds
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Peace of mind for a lifetime
This SentrySafe fire resistant chest is a great solution for protecting:
- Important documents
- Digital media
- Small valuables
SentrySafe Fire Safe, Fire Resistant Chest, Extra Small, 0500
Providing protection for the things that matter.
Whether someone is buying a home, starting a business, getting married, or curating a lifetime of memories, ensuring that important documents, valuables, and keepsakes are protected from peril is a big responsibility.
Our chests provide powerful protection in the most unpredictable conditions brought on by fire. The 0500 is UL classified to withstand fires up to 1550° F for a 1/2 hour and third party verified to protect your USB drives, CDs, DVDs and portable hard drives.
Privacy Key Lock
Designed to keep the lid closed and protect the contents in the event of a fire.
Digital Media Protection
Third party verified to protect tablets, phones, external hard drives, memory cards, USB drives, CDs, DVDs and other electronic storage devices.
Independent Underwriters Laboratory (UL) classified to protect your valuables in a fire for a 1/2 hour up to 1550° F (843° C).
Compare with similar items
Amazon Basics Portable Security Case Lock Box Safe, Combination Lock, Large
SentrySafe HD4100 Fireproof Safe and Waterproof Safe with Key Lock 0.65 Cubic Feet , black
Honeywell Safes & Door Locks – 30 Minute Fire Safe Box Chest with Carry Handle, Small, 1101
|Sold By||Hardware & Garden Supplies||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||10.25 x 12.18 x 6.12 inches||9.5 x 6.5 x 1.8 inches||13.5 x 15.5 x 14.3 inches||12.2 x 9.8 x 7.09 inches|
This SentrySafe 0500 Fire Box is a great solution to secure your important papers and valuables from fire. It provides UL classified 1/2 hour fire protection for documents and digital media and comes with a privacy key lock.
From the Manufacturer
The SentrySafe FIRE-SAFE box is a great item to secure your belongings in your house or office. The 0500 model is UL classified with 1/2-hour proven fire protection and ETL verified 1/2 hour fire protection for CD's, DVD's, USB drives and memory sticks up to 1550ºF. The box comes with a privacy key lock. The box has a lifetime after-fire replacement guarantee and a manufacturer's limited warranty.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(1) This product will protect my papers and digital media FOR A SHORT TIME. Do not purchase this product with the thought that it will protect anything and everything from a fire. If it's sitting in a fire, there's still the chance that, while it may not burn, your digital media (usb drives, hard drives, cd's, etc) may melt. This is an emergency stop gap, not a perfectly safe option.
(2) The product is rated to for 1550F for 30 minutes, while keeping the internal temperature below 350F. This means that your paper will not burn, but anything with plastic may melt. (UL Class 350 - 1/2 hour)
(3) The product states clearly (both inside and on the documentation) that the material used can release moisture. Therefore, it is important to either (a) store your moisture-sensitive products and papers in a ziplock bag, or (b) add silicon gel packs. I opted for the latter.
(4) The material is a little... greasy feeling. It's not terrible, or a problem... it is weird, though.
(5) This product will not prevent things from being stolen. In fact, it's probably easy for a thief to see this case and think "oh how convenient". The "key" does nothing more than close the lid and make it so that your family doesn't accidentally open it. It's not secure from theft or mal-intent.
In conclusion, it's great as a "last resort" purchase place to keep important documents/items, in your home, if you aren't using a safe-deposit box. If you don't have copies elsewhere, or you need to be SURE that your flash drives won't melt, or you don't want things getting stolen, you're going to need to purchase a different product.
By Gknefel on January 8, 2016
This comes with two keys which is also nice.
It has some bulk to it, but you can still easily conceal it.
This is very good for small items. Like documents, Jewelry or any other sensitive items. And it should hold up for a little bit in case of a fire.
Should you leave this out in the open with sensitive items in it? No. This is meant to be hidden.
For the price I paid in 2013 it has been an excellent.
I have multiple Sentry safe products that are even older. And they have all been solid.
Case in point, good for the intended purpose. A larger and heavy safe with a better lock system is better if somebody wants to deter a thief.
In the manual it says "To assure that the unit will perform properly in case of fire, store it closed and locked, with the feet down. The front plate with the key should be facing out, not up." That was news to me. I thought I had a good 'hiding spot' picked out when I bought it, but I'll have to find another spot, one that allows the safe to sit 'right side up.'
I'd recommend that any potential buyer download the safe's manual from the Sentry Safe website and read it carefully before buying.
Top reviews from other countries
Eine beschädigte Verpackung und Kratzer am Produkt, sowie Dreck im Inneren werten das Produkt deutlich ab.
Da auf der Verpackung handschriftlich die Notiz "zurück" vermerkt wurde, könnte das Produkt bereits schonmal benutzt worden sein (reine Vermutung).