|Item Weight||223 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.6 x 19.3 x 23.7 inches|
|Item model number||QE5541|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||Fire Resistant|
|Warranty Description||Manufacturer's Limited Warranty|
SentrySafe QE5541 Fire-Safe Water-Resistant Safe with USB-Powered Connectivity, 2.0 Cubic Feet, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- UL Classified 2 hour proven Fire Protection and UL Classified 30 ft Drop Test
- ETL Verified 2-hour fire protection for CDs/DVDs, USB drives and memory sticks up to 1850 degrees F
- ETL verified for water resistance in up to 8-inches of water for up to 24 hours
- Allows users to back up data using their own 2-1/2-inch storage devices
- Organizational features-holds standard A-4 size papers, folders and binders, key rack, file rack and compartment for small items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
SENQE5541 Features: -Inner Height : 19 21/32 in.-Fire Rating: UL-2 Hour/1850 F Fire Rating.-Post-Consumer Recycled Content Percent : 0 pct.-Outer Depth : 19 5/16 in.-Pre-Consumer Recycled Content Percent : 0 pct.-Inner Width : 14 13/16 in.-Lock Type: LCD electronic,tubular key.-Inner Depth : 11 7/8 in.-Capacity (Volume) : 2 ft3.-Outer Height : 23 3/4 in.-Outer Width : 18 19/32 in.-Global Product Type: Safes.-Material(s): Steel.-Compliance, Standards: ETL Certified, UL classified 30 ft. drop test.-Total Recycled Content Percent : 0 pct. Color/Finish: -Color(s): Black/Silver.
From the Manufacturer
When most people think of data backup, they think of data redundancy. SentrySafe has taken this to a new level, providing a multi-purpose storage device that protects both electronic information and hardcopy information¿as well as other irreplaceable valuables¿in a single peace of mind security solution. SentrySafe FIRE-SAFE/Water-Resistant Safe (2.0 cubic foot) is a wise investment for value-conscience consumers, home offices and small business enterprises. This safe is designed to provide direct USB-powered connectivity to your existing storage units (2-1/2-inch hard drives, flash drives) and electronic devices (MP3 players and small digital cameras). It¿s also large enough to hold removable media (up to 72 CDs / DVDs in jewel cases), important hard copy documents and other valuables.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm storing a DSLR, video camera, lenses, and a few hard drives in this one and I wanted the "media" safe for the extra protection in case of a fire. The safe has a nice size to it, comes with a hanging file folder drawer, and a pull out drawer with compartments to fit different items. I ended up removing the slide out drawer for the files so that I could use the top of it like a shelf so with the other shelf, I now have 3 open sections.
Mounting the safe was easy. They do include a couple of coarse-thread wood lag screws but they didn't work for me. The safe is sitting on medium pile carpet and the lag screws would just barely penetrate the sub floor. Not nearly strong enough to hold it in place. I switched to longer bolts and reinforced the floor from underneath with squares of aluminum to spread the strength. This ain't goin nowhere. Because the safe is so heavy, a thief with a prybar could slip it right under the safe and pop it out if the included lag screws were used. I think bolts are the better way to go.
The safe has the ability to connect a small USB hard drive inside and cables are included for this. There is an internal connect to link the USB hard drive on the door and then on the outside of the safe, there is another USB port. Not using this so I can't comment on it. The door has enough storage for 2 Maxtor One Touch Mini drives (I have one of those hard drives and I could fit 2 in the door pocket). There are also hooks on the inside of the door to hang keys from.
Programming the keypad was easy. You can actually program a few codes to this. One main code and then a few Manager codes.
Overall, a great safe and I'm very happy with it. Delivery was right to my curb via freight truck and I borrowed a friend's hand truck to wheel it in my house. The safe is about 200 pounds.
I have had the safe several months. It works fine for home use, but there have been annoyances.
1) Every mounting situation is different, but the lag screws supplied give a false sense of security. A prybar can rip lag screws from the floor in seconds. Do it right. The safe should be bolted through steel plates placed under a wood floor or in concrete. Use round head (carriage) bolts that can't be unbolted from outside the safe. BTW, this safe can only be bolted to the floor, not the wall.
2) Occasionally, the safe won't open. Once you enter the code, you have to wait a couple seconds before turning the handle. If you don't wait, the safe won't open. And if you wait more than four seconds... it won't open. The safe has always opened within 3 tries. So, maybe it's just me.
3) Large capacity hard drives require external power and portable drives require two USB ports for power. You cannot add a second portable drive in this safe because of USB power limits. The safe could be improved by adding a hard drive power cable or an externally powered USB hub. Otherwise, you are limited to one small portable drive. On the bright side, hard drive heat dissipation within the safe has not been a problem.
4) The shelving provided is bulky and didn't meet my needs. There are slots in the safe wall though and I was able to make my own shelves.
This safe is not ideal, but it's the best I could find for my needs. It's a quality safe. Amazon has been great and I would certainly buy this safe again.
Most recent customer reviews
After 3 years of usage the safe refused to open sporadically.Read more