Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 28, 2016
To start I should explain what I was looking for in buying these tires. I own a road bike, a commuter that I built myself, and a mountain bike that hasn't seen much use in recent past. The idea I had was to turn my mountain bike into a "big kid bike" that would take me back to the days of knocking around the neighborhood taking shortcuts through the grass and hopping curbs. These tires couldn't be any more perfect for that purpose. I'm no longer confined to one type of riding and can take a detour wherever I please. During my ride today I rode pavement on my way out, then came back on a mix of gravel and hard pack. Obviously these tires have their limits. Do they roll as fast as road bike tires? Of course not. Do they provide as much traction as knobby tires in the mud? No way. Do I still love them? Yes! As an all around tire to ride everywhere, this has to be one of the best money can buy. They roll very fast for their size thanks to their weight and dual density rubber compound. They are also extremely comfortable due to their width (I bought the 26x2.0's.) You won't regret buying these tires if your intentions are similar to mine. Get out and have fun on your bike!
review imagereview image
33 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 20, 2016
my daily commuter has had these on it for years. they hold up really well. my current daily 30 mile roundtrip commute is a combination of concrete bicycle trail, gavel road, and urban streets.

i didn't realize there was two versions of this tire. i usually get them through the local bike shop and they apparently have only stocked the survivor series version.

the one I received via amazon was the DRIFTER CITY CTR version which has two protection layers vs the three on the survivor. the tread on the new tire I received also doesn't wrap around the sides of the tire as much as the old ones and the side wall seems a little thinner. the city seems to be more lightweight, which could be a benefit, but right now I'm not sure if it'll be as durable as the survivor.

just wanted to make people aware, the model code for this product does say CTR, but the detailed product description as well as the pictures included in some of the reviews are for the survivor version.
17 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is my second set of these tires. First set lasted me 4 years-ish(?). Easily got 20K miles out of them (I ride on average 150 a week all year, 15° - 100° conditions (missouri, we get the full gamut). with a brief hiatus when my twins were infants). I don't do a lot of off rode, which is why I got these to replace the knobbies that came with my rock hopper. Old pair was showing purple. The pic that comes with this one implies the wear indicator is red. I'll let you know 20K+ miles from now :).
review image
5 people found this helpful
on October 9, 2017
I wish I liked these tires, particularly because the set wasn't cheap. I decided to use my MTB as my commuter and to switch out the nobbies for something quicker on pavement. I opted for these because they seem, on paper, to offer a good balance of lower rolling resistance and some grip off road due to the inverted tread pattern. I've only ridden 30 miles on them so far but I truly dislike them so far. I can feel every inch of the pavement. Lots of vibration and they somehow just feel clunkier than my Schwalbe Racing Ralph's on pavement. I don't understand why but they do. They handle easy-moderate single track just fine. Others might love them but I'm moving on to something else, probably WTB Cruz or Scwhalbe Big Apples. Just not these.
2 people found this helpful
on January 12, 2017
These tires worked great on my mountain bike that was used as a city commuter. Faster, smoother, and very quiet.

*Update: Got a flat today on the way to work, culprit was a large bougainvillea thorn (google it), probably the deadliest of thorns out there, and I've seen lawnmower tires die to these thorns so I can't really expect this bike tire to survive but it definitely punctured it very badly :(
4 people found this helpful
on September 5, 2017
I just received these recently, so I do not know how well they will perform over the long term. Initial impression is great. I commute almost every weekday. The dual density is a nice idea; you can actually feel the difference, on the tire and on the road. These tires replaced similar 26x1.5s I had previously. Nice price, and quick prime delivery. I had ordered a different pair initially (not prime), but cancelled the order after it did not show up as promised (10-12 days). I ended up riding my mountain bike for a while, oh well. As for puncture resistance, I can't say much. The dual density must help a little, but always check your tires for thorns before a ride; many of them work their way to the tube after continually riding over the same thorn. End of summer/beginning of fall, are the worst times for flats in my area.
2 people found this helpful
on September 27, 2017
I just received and installed these tires today for my GT MTB that had 27.5x2.10 tires. My main concern was that these were going to look stupid because they are 2.00, but once they were on they looked just like they belong. Right now because I am unsure if my rims are tubeless, I used tubes and aired them up to 65psi.. Took my bike for a short test drive and was pretty impressed with the drastic change in rolling resistance, handling, and sound. I can't wait to see how these tires affect my long rides on the Greenway path in North Carolina. I know one thing is for certain, I won't be hearing a swarm of bees chasing me anymore.
One person found this helpful
on May 3, 2018
Relatively new to being an all time cyclist, (approximately 2 years). I practically completely wore out my stock issued 29'r Schwalbe Rapid Robs. I came to realize that the girth and the knobby tread of a trail equipped hardtail MTB, doesn't work for the full time cycling commuter enthusiasts.

My original purchase attempt was for the MAXXIS HOOKWORM, but the delivery time was to far off for my immediate need. So by unintentional circumhaps, I righteously came across these "SERFAS" Inverted Tread Hybridized Tires. These are lighter side in contrast to HOOKWORMS, cost a schoch less, with visual impact and are more maneuverability efficient than trail grade tires.

These tires are well worth getting...
review image
on January 2, 2018
The tires received DO NOT look like the tires in the pictures. The tread is only on the top half of the tires and the logo is on the smooth bottom half. I would send these back but what a waste of time ordering, waiting, returning, and re-ordering a product when you’re overseas.

Performance wise, they are ok. I used to have Schwalbe Big Apples that were smoother and quicker, but also an inch smaller. I may go back to those for making my 29’r a commuter.
on June 6, 2017
Just installed these tires on my full-suspension mountain bike and I am very pleased. I went with the 1.5" width, from 2.5" stock knobbies and found the traction to be surprisingly good on the ATV trail, dirt road and pavement. Acceleration and top speed are greatly enhanced. They did slip a bit in the greasy sections of the trail, where my knobbies probably wouldn't have, but that was to be expected. These tires exhibit far less resistence, allowing me to go farther with less fatigue. I wanted my mountain bike to be functional on the pavement and the dirt, which is just what these tires did.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.