Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Serfas TCPG Bicycle Floor Pump
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on April 23, 2010
I use this pump exclusively for all my race, road and mountain bikes. Never once has it failed to perform and it takes a beating with all my gear in the back of a Jeep Wrangler. This is one TOUGH pump! During the race season, it gets used almost every day. I recommend it to all my friends, cycling peers and anyone that asks to use it. Great job Serfas; you guys nailed it on this one!

Update: 06/24/14 and I'm still using the same pump. It's been relegated to travel duty pump due to it's smaller size but still works like a champ.
1313 comments| 319 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2010
I bought this to help maintain the family's stockade of beach cruisers. After disappointing purchases of Bell and Schwinn pumps- that were returned only because they failed to work at all - I opted for this pump. It is designed to work with Presta and Schrader Valves with the same chuck head - but with cruisers we only have used the later. Just place the chuck on the valve flip the lever up and pump - wow it works. I can't believe the mass market manufacturers have not figured this out. It takes 8 - 10 pumps for 10# of pressure on a 26" beach cruiser tire, so I am not sure about the effort to get high pressure on something like a road bike. All in all it seems very durable for my needs and it has a lifetime warranty and was worth the extra few dollars over the walmart junk.
22 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2010
This is a very well made easy to use pump. Fits the valve securely and tightly. Gauge is very accurate up to high psi's. Highly recommended!!
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2010
When I was considering buying a floor pump, I had trouble deciding between the Planet Bike 1007-3 and this one. Both are the same price here on Amazon and both had good reviews. So I bought both to try them out. The planet bike, despite supposedly being very durable and well built, its light and plastic. The Serfas has a steel tube, so it "feels stronger" and there are not bad reviews about its durability. I do like the simple valve better on the serfas too. The dual port valve on the PB was difficult to get a good seal on the presta valve. Also, above 80 psi, the valve would leak if you move it around on the tube valve. The simple valve on the Serfas, however, does not leak when moved around. Although I may add that when attaching to a presta valve, push down as far as you can before latching it. Another bright spot is the latch is easier to pull down and lift up to lock it into place. And at 100 psi, the valve comes off a little less dangerously compared to the PB.

All in all, both pumps seemed well built, but the Serfas feels stronger, has a better valve, and they stand by it with a lifetime warranty
on September 25, 2013
This is my second pump as the first one had a gauge that was more than 5psi off. Being that I frequently use pumps for my bicycle, motorcycle, and cars I like my tools to be in good working order. When the second pump arrived the gauge was even more off than the first! If you scroll over the images for this item you will see my upload which shows that this gauge indicated almost 10psi low!. My Accu-gauge was attached in series between the pump and my tire to show you that image. I also verified it against my other two gauges and they showed the same results +-2psi.

Pros: This is where it gets its two stars, and that's for the pump. Good build quality and very nice hose attachment to work with both Shrader and Presta valves. There is very little air lost using either valve which is great.

Cons: Terrible gauge! 1st pump ordered was 5psi off, the second was almost 10psi off! See my uploaded image to see results compared to my Accu-gauge attached in series between this pump and my bicycle tire.
review image
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2011
A product with 142 reviews and 4.5 stars (as of November 2011) must be good, or so I thought when I purchased this pump. The construction and quality seem fine, and the pump is capable of inflating a tire to sufficient air pressure -- good enough for high-pressure road tires. The major problem is using this pump with presta valves.

The pump's valve seems to create so much pressure when closed that it forces the presta valve down in such a way and with such force as to prevent air from passing from the pump to the tube. I experience substantial difficultly getting the tube to begin to inflate. Successfully doing so requires a great deal of jiggling the valve, making attempts at different levels of tightness, and uttering several obscene words. Once the tube has some air, the pump inflates the tire with only occasional difficulty where air no longer passes from pump to tube. This of course requires more jiggling and cussing.

I have used the pump probably seven or eight times and I experience the same problem each time. I have since noticed several other reviews that comment on the same problem that I found while looking for a solution to the problem.

I've been a flat-fixing, tire-inflating cyclist for over twenty years, so I don't think I'm just being stupid on how to use a pump and presta valves.

This is a fatal flaw for users with presta valves and so despite whatever other virtues the pump may have (quality of construction, top pressure, etc.), I have to give the pump the lowest possible rating. I would not purchase this pump again. And I'd only recommend it to my enemies.

If any other users have some experience with this problem please let me know by commenting on my post.
3939 comments| 279 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2011
I bought this after reading that it would work with both presta and schrader valves. My bike has a presta valve and it never inflated the tires. I even took my bike and this bike pump to the local bike store and asked for help and the bike mechanic who helped me was never able to get this working. I think the problem is that the inflating hole is not long enough for some presta valves so when you connect the two pieces, it simply closes the valve and doesnt allow air to go in. Anyway this may work terrific for other valves but from my experience this was useless, I had to buy another bike pump from another company.
66 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2012
After reading all the reviews I decided to purchase this model because it had additional attachments and was rated for 160psi. Pretty much all floor pumps had negative reviews about the gauge including models from topeak. When I received mine, the silver plastic ring around the gauge face was not attached and seemed to not quite fit right. I started to fill my first tire and noticed immediately the gauge was not accurate. I contacted both amazon and serfas and both companies offered options. Amazon to cross ship and serfas to replace. I decided to perform some additional testing before going through with the exchange. I removed and re-seated the plastic ring and noticed a thumb nut below the gauge was loose so I tightened it. I then started filling a tire and comparing the gauge to a handheld gauge I had. I was pleased to see the gauge was now, in fact, very accurate. I then used the pump to fill 4 bicycle tires to 60PSI and another pair of tires to 40psi. The gauge and pump performed flawlessly. I then filled the tires on my boat trailer from 30 psi to 50psi, this took a good deal of work but I was successful. I subtracted one star for the troubleshooting I had to perform but the product does work and works well. All these tires were shrader valves so I have no information to offer for presta valves. While reading a review about a competing pump I learned that sometimes these locking valve pump heads can get stuck and when this happens you need to tap the head on a hard surface to reset it. I noticed this happened to me once after switching from one trailer tire to another (the pump was impossible to depress and no reading on the gauge), a quick tap of the valve pump head on the ground and she mated up and worked perfectly. This is a solid pump and at the very least both serfas and amazon responded quickly to correct the suspect gauge.
on March 2, 2015
What the fuss is this? A waste of money. The gauge sits around 20psi when NOT in use and was 20psi+ BELOW an accurate reading when I received it. My tires felt like they were going to blow before I released how badly the gauge was off. It was like pumping with my eyes closed.

This may seem like a great surprise to some based on the positive ratings. I was surprised how well of a toilet plunger this made. Do yourself a favor, save your money and Avoid Serfas and Topeak. If you are looking for a quality, accurate, reliable, and value floor pump... get your moneys worth... I bought a Specialized Air Tool instead and boy is it swell.
review image
on September 10, 2010
I have owned this pump for about 5 months now. It has a switch that allows you to focus on volume or pressure. Need to fill an air mattress? Switch to high volume and it will fill more quickly. Want 90# of pressure in your tires, switch to pressure and it will handle it. Nice feature. As an air pump, I have absolutely no complaints with Serfas. However, I am totally disappointed in the pressure guage. I keep my tires near their maximum allowed pressure, so I need accuracy in my guage. This guage is not accurate. Often, the needle on the guage will not even move for 4-5 stokes with the handle. Then, on the next stoke it will jump several pounds. I cannot have any confidence in the numbers it shows me. So, if you just need to pump air - it's fine. If you want to know how much you have pumped (pressure) - not so good.
1313 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse