Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on September 16, 2012
In an earlier review, (now deleted), I complained about delivery problems which have since been resolved. Now I am happy to report that I have the product successfully installed, and have begun using it in earnest. In brief, I am quite happy with this software, even impressed!

Prior to obtaining Serif PagePlus X6, I had used Microsoft Publisher 97, learned Adobe InDesign CS and CS2 and played with Scribus 1.4.1. Performance and features improved with time. Serif PPX6 is not exception to that rule. Since most people will naturally compare it with industry standard InDesign, I will contrast PPX6 only with Adobe's previous offering (IDCS).

The most obvious difference between PP and ID is the workspace and the user interface. Whereas InDesign, and perhaps most desktop publishers, use picas and points as the primary units of measure, PagePlus seems just as comfortable with inches or centimeters that non-specialists are more comfortable with. The tools palette is somewhat different, as are the other controls and keyboard shortcuts. While there is nothing awkward about PP, learning new ways of performing the same or similar task requires something of a learning curve. Thankfully, Serif implemented a well designed help system, and provides training and tutorial videos to assist new users adjust to the myriad of tools available in this package. Unfortunately, the videos are available only online, and aren't available if you don't have an Internet connection.

My first project is a calendar booklet with which to display and promote my artwork. PagePlus has an interactive calendar wizard/tool; InDesign doesn't even have a script for it. There is some confusion about how to load graphics into the Assets Manager. But PagePlus allows in-document settings for image contrast and brightness, apparently without actually disturbing the original graphics file.

There are a host of other features I am looking forward to using, such as PDF creation and editing, along with exporting books to formats readable by e-Readers. There have been other difficulties encountered so far, but I ascribe them to my lack of experience with the software, and not an inherent defect or inability. For instance, in trying to set up the calendar as a folded document, it isn't / wasn't clear what page size I needed for the printer and which for the final (bound) product. But I expect such difficulties to be overcome with time and experience. In all, and am quite impressed with the power of PagePlus X6, and with its ease of use. It feels as if it unlocks for me a world of opportunities in becoming a self-published author.
on June 5, 2013
I have always been a printshop fan, I love how easy it is to use, but I always have issues with my printer and printshop working together. I purchased PagePlus X6 hoping for the best, and I got it. I am learning to use it but it is great, it prints great from windows 7. The program is easy to use, has a lot of great features and saves easy. It prints pretty easy also. It doesn't take long to process a project like prinshop does. I still use printshop too. There are no graphics in this software, but it is fun and exciting to use.
on January 29, 2013
More intuitive than MS Publisher in my opinion. The only downside is that I wish I could export a project either a Word doc or as a Photoshop .psd file so that I could share the editable file with someone who does not have PagePlus.

Overall I'm very pleased with this software. It has saved me money already, the learning curve is pretty quick, and the online support and training information is excellent.
on July 5, 2013
I am using this application to design and publish an 85th Anniversary program book
for a local church. I also purchased what I consider one of the best Scanners around
The Epson B11B207201 V37. The combination of these two products is making it
effortless to do this design. Serif has included a lot of features for the low price of $99.
One powerful feature is the ability to import, edit and combine an existing PDF file
with the work file. I highly recommend both items.

Regards Bill
on November 28, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this software! I was able to publish a 16 page booklet in record time. Having had prior desktop publishing experience with Adobe Pagemaker made this one very simple to learn. It does everything with ease. I was and still am very impressed with this package.

On the downside, this product is two versions old and Amazon is way overcharging for it. I paid $70 for it (download version) and the next day,found it at my local Fry's Electronics store for $29.99 - boxed version. That;s a huge difference. All Amazon would do is give me a $10 credit. I feel like I was ripped off.
on May 9, 2016
An extremely cheap way to do desktop publishing. All the bells and whistles are there for the amateur user.
on August 21, 2016
I’d forgotten how good Serif is at offering professional functionality at a fraction of the cost of most “professional” alternatives. Even though this isn’t the latest version of PagePlus, it is totally capable of pro-quality output, and offers a degree of control typically only found in software costing hundreds of dollars more. Two thumbs up!
on October 30, 2013
The Serif PagePlus X6 software more than met my expectations. I absolutely love the ease of use of this software and the many tasks it does brilliantly - and I'm not especially tech savvy. The book covers I designed using the Serif PagePlus X6 are beautiful. I couldn't be more proud of them, and I'd recommend this program without hesitation.
on March 23, 2014
I've had Printshop Deluxe in the past and have satisfied with it. I decided to go with something different since I had purchased a new computer. By looking at the reviews, this seemed like a good program. After using it, I found it complicated and confusing. I guess Printshop is more intuitive to work. At this point, i'm still leaning toward Printshop even through the ratings are not so good..
on March 9, 2013
Years ago i published a club newsletter and used the excellent program PageMaker. I still have my old edition of PageMaker; However, it is no longer supported by Adobe. This program is a reasonably good program to take its place.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.