Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Serif PagePlus X4 [OLD VERSION]
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on September 18, 2010
PagePlus X4 is a fantastic product. My wife and I both use it for different purposes. She does invitations, cards, and poster-type things. I do graphics-heavy reports, jewel-case (CD/DVD case) inserts, and postcards.

Important to note: PagePlus is not a word processor. It doesn't replace Word or OpenOffice Writer. It also is not a graphics editing package. It doesn't replace Inkscape or Photoshop. It is Desktop Publishing Software.

I typically do my word processing in LaTeX, and I used to do my "fancy" stuff with Scribus. I've found PagePlus to be a much better DTP program than Scribus. If you're unsure whether DTP software is for your needs, try Scribus first (it's open source and free).

For more and better reviews, check out the Amazon page for PagePlus X4 (not the download edition).
on September 25, 2010
I have used a 60 day free trial of Microsoft 2010 Publisher and towards the end of my trial I did research on which desktop publishing software would be best for me to create my children's book and many other things in it. A few sites has Serif PagePlus X4 surpassing many Desktop Publishing Software and Logo Design Software in many areas.

[...]

As you can see from Top Ten Reviews website this program is #1 in many ways. I love that it has twice as many fonts as Microsoft Publisher, plus many other options and things to use. Some say they can't find the user guide, but it gets installed with the software to find it on Microsoft Windows Computer click on "Start" bottom from the desktop then type "PagePlus X4 User Guide" in the search bar for programs and files. The user guide is a pdf file, which is best to look at the user guide to get the most out of PagePlus X4 before using it.

I love being able to open ANY PDF in PagePlus X4 and be able to fully re-edit it to my hearts desire. So I couldn't convert my Microsoft 2010 Publisher file to PagePlus X4 but I could convert my Microsoft 2010 Publisher file into a pdf and then open the pdf in PagePlus X4. Keep in mind I had to redo alot of stuff considering I loved the options from PagePlus X4 better than what it was on the pdf from Microsoft 2010 Publisher.

I bought the program so I can create my multichapter children's book with it. To make a multichapter book I had to make each chapter a seperate file. To compile all the chapter files into a book click on "file" on the top left corner of PagePlus X4, then scroll over "new", then click "new book". A window will pop open "PagePlus Book" that you can add all the different files to the book that are of each of the books chapters. PagePlus Book will use the first chapter as the style source that can be synchronized with the other chapters. So all the headings, body, and so on with text styles and other styles of things can be changed in the first file and then use "PagePlus Book" to synchronize the various styles with all other chapters. PagePlus Book can also create a Table of Contents using all the headings and sub-headings upto a total of 6 headings. PagePlus Book can also create a index for your book, which I haven't used it yet, but trust it will work just as easily as everything else.

Good luck with everything and if you need help with the program their customer service is great. For contact info go to the link below:
[...]
on March 12, 2012
PagePlus is an excellent desktop publishing application that I have been using for years. Since version 6 is already out, this is an old version as clearly stated but it is extremely powerful nonetheless. I found it capable of doing everything I need to do in my self publishing business. And, at the present price it is a great bargain that I gladly recommend to anyone interested in any kind of desktop publishing.
on August 6, 2010
I bought this software about two months ago, and I like it very much. I'm using it primarily for my business. I've created product labels, advertising flyers, PDFs for web viewing, and I'm even using it to lay out an illustrated book. I used MS Publisher 97 and 2000 for years and was used to their menus and toolbars, but it only took me a couple of days to learn my way around PagePlus. For the price, I don't think PagePlus can be beat.
on November 1, 2010
Used another publishing software for 2 years, and this is so similar the learning curve was almost none existent. This software has features that my other software doesn't. Very Powerful, and easy to use. I highly recommend it if you need to publish.
on January 13, 2011
Pretty awesome product!! Took a little bit for me to get the hang of. I was able to create some wonderful logos with it. The PdF feature is fantabulous!!Would like the help section to me a little bit more detailed
on February 17, 2011
This is an easy to learn (with very helpful tutorials) DTP program. PPX4 is full featured with a clear and uncluttered interface and tools. It has lots of templates to learn from or to use directly. It has great tools for enlarging images. All tools are easily at hand for working with text, images and graphic shapes and colors. I actually look forward to using it each day which is something I never did with MS or Adobe products. It effortlessly converts files to PDFs for print production.
on November 10, 2010
Great product. If you are tired of other similar products because they are so difficult to learn, give this one a try. You'll be creating in no time. Very intuitive, as powerful as most of us need and when you do need help it is simple to figure out via the help menus. Other products are just overly complicated while this one is clean and simple to navigate. I use it to create flyers, brochures and signs for my business and it has been great, especially for the price.
on May 23, 2012
This program is much better then I expected! It is fairly easy to use, has tons of options that allow you to edit/make a cover/letter with ease. Better then all the other programs I have tried!
on February 28, 2013
It would not down load on my computer . . . . . . . . . . . .