Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2011, 9:16:38 AM PDT
Cath says:
There are 84 reviews on this book from Sept. 18-26(9days).
Are these reviewers paid to review this book or what?

Posted on Sep 28, 2011, 5:40:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2011, 5:40:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011, 7:50:19 PM PDT
No, there was a ton of buzz about this book before it came out in the Paleo/Primal community and many of us had pre-ordered it.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011, 12:58:36 PM PDT
aseafish says:
You would wonder, wouldn't you? But no payment, just excitement and pre-orders as previously mentioned. It's fun to cook with this book.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 12:51:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2011, 1:12:55 PM PDT
Paul Turner says:
The majority of these reviews look fake to me in their style and most are from "buyers" who only have a single review i.e. this book! C'mon Amazon get a grip...Sept 19-20 reviews, Sept 20-10 reviews, Sept 21-9 reviews, Sept 22-10 reviews, Sept 23-12 reviews....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011, 12:20:19 PM PST
MM says:
here's my guess: the authors give free copies of their book to paleo bloggers in return for positive reviews. "paid" review? i say yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011, 5:14:37 PM PST
Jules says:
Hey Paul! I can't really speak to Amazon's processes (it still very much confuses me), but as one of the authors, I can assure you that we did not pay for these reviews. It is a standard practice for authors to send out advance copies to start getting people to take a look at it, review it (if they so choose), etc. What I might suggest is that you look at the reviews posted in the last 30 days, if you'd like. While there were a lot of early reviews right when the book came out, we have nearly 70 more reviews that came out after those initial 10 days. You can also check out our website and get more of a sense as to who we are and what we're about, to see if you think the book might work well in your life.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012, 11:37:46 AM PST
C. Balderson says:
From a newbie to the Paleo community, those of us at the ends of the earth (Kauai) where Borders closed our only bookstore, salivate for the new books we can't get on Kindle. For me, I downloaded the Kindle version, and then was lucky enough to find it in B&N in Pensacola, so I have it two ways. Paleo is a lifestyle, and we newbies who are not yet part of the Cross-Fit movement look for all the blogs, great Paleo cookbooks and information we can get. Seminars seem to be confined to certain parts of the country. I'm not a paid reviewer, not part of the established paleo community, but I have more Paleo cookbooks than any other kind now (tossed most of the others). BTW, I made the Shrimp/Crab Bisque for lunch today and it is just downright amazing! Thank you so much for an awesome effort!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen by Julie Mayfield (Paperback - September 12, 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars (653)