Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Seriously, Pixar, why are you going backwards on disc technology?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2009 9:36:48 PM PST
I read the thread about Spanish audio not being available on the U.S. version of this BD, and all I have to say is:

Seriously, Pixar, why are you going backwards on disc technology?
I have lots of your DVDs and most of them have at least three audio tracks. One of them, The Incredibles, has four audio tracks. I have at least seven non-Pixar DVDs in my collection with eight (yup, 8) audio tracks each. BD was supposed to allow for more audio tracks than DVD, not less. It has 50 GB and a high-quality 2-hour 640kbps Dolby Digital audio track takes only 550MB. That's 1/100 of the available space. Seriously, Pixar, what is going on here?

If Disney was responsible for this gaffe instead of Pixar, please replace the word "Pixar" with "Disney" in my rant.

Posted on Dec 31, 2009 1:59:33 PM PST
R. Nixon says:
That is pretty backwards. Technically, Disney distributes Pixar films on DVD, but I think it's fair to blame both!

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 10:37:06 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 22, 2010 10:37:23 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 11:23:26 AM PST
Update: I ended up buying the Canadian version of this Blu-ray, which has English, French and Spanish audio tracks. Why was the U.S. version limited to English only? Go figure.

Pixar seems to have learned the lesson, as the U.S. Blu-ray release of "Up" comes with English, French and Spanish, too. Hopefully all future U.S. releases will include, at the very least, these three languages. It would be better if they could also include Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Hindi and more, considering the available space on these discs and the fact that the U.S. is a multilingual nation.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 22, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions