Serta Ergonomic Executive Office Chair Motion Technology Adjustable Mid Back Design with Lumbar Support, Brown Bonded Leather
|Color||Brown Bonded Leather|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||27.75 x 26.25 x 38.25 inches|
|Max Weight Recommendation||250 Pounds|
|Item Weight||45.7 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIMENSIONS: 30.5" D | Seat Width: 23" | Maximum Seat Height: 23.75" | Seat Depth: 18.75" | Back Width: 22.75" | Maximum Back Height: 31.25" | Minimum Seat Height: 20" | Adjustable Height Maximum: 49.5"
- BACK IN MOTION TECHNOLOGY: Tilts the seat forward to promote strength and flexibility in your core.Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES: Push-button adjustable armrests and convenient cable-actuated levers
- GREAT FOR WORK OR PLAY: Helps keep you comfortable and relaxed whether you’re working or kicking back
- VERSATILE AND MOBILE: Adjustable height settings, convenient swivel design, and large-diameter rolling casters
- COMFORTABLE AND SUPPORTIVE: Ergonomic office chair maximizes lower back support and comfort while seated
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Serta Wellness by Design Mid-Back Leather Office Chair
Comfort and Style at Home or in the Office
Incorporating the Serta legacy of quality, comfort and style, the Serta Wellness by Design Mid-Back Leather Office Chair with Back in Motion Technology is engineered to reduce the harmful effects of prolonged sitting. Quality components and a durable design ensure this Serta office chair is built to last. With hand-sculpted arms and supple, bonded leather, this office chair brings a contemporary look to your workspace.
Posture-correcting tilt technology
This ergonomic office chair features Back in Motion Active Seating Technology that tilts your pelvis forward when you lean to keep your back in a positive neutral position. Promoting a healthy pelvic tilt motion helps increase circulation and reduce compression, providing continuous comfort and relief. As you correct your spinal health and gradually adjust to the change in using proper body mechanics, you’ll begin to feel the long-term benefits that come with minimizing strain, stress and discomfort as you work. Layered body pillows that provide cushioned support in areas you need it most offer a comfortable seating experience to take you through your workday.
Adjustable Customized Positioning
Ergonomic seat-side controls allows for quick and easy height and tilt adjustment, so you can adjust the chair’s positioning to suit your needs. The pneumatic lift with adjustable tension and lock out feature ensures correct foot positioning, while the arm adjustment control ensures supportive hand, wrist and forearm placement for optimized support and total body comfort.
- Back in Motion Active Seating Technology
- Elevated and padded headrest
- Deep layered body pillows
- Contoured adjustable lumbar zone
- Customized lower back support
- Ergonomic height and tilt adjustment
- Adjustable arm positioning
- Pneumatic lift with adjustable tension
Back in Motion Active Seating Technology
Back in Motion Technology tilts your pelvis forward when you lean to continuously keep your spine in a positive neutral position. As you adjust to the change in using proper body mechanics, you’ll begin to feel the long-term benefits that come with minimizing strain, stress and discomfort as you work.
Superior Support and Comfort
Back in Motion Active Seating Technology tilts as you lean to provide continuous lumbar support for a healthy neutral posture.
Deep layered body pillows deliver cushioned comfort that reduces pressure.
Contoured adjustable lumbar offers customized lower back support.
Innovative design provides enhanced breathability and air flow.
Ergonomic Adjustment Control
Adjustment controls change arm positioning for supportive hand, wrist and forearm placement.
Ergonomic seat-side controls allows for quick and easy height and tilt adjustment.
Pneumatic lift with adjustable tension and lock out feature ensures correct foot positioning.
Style, Strength and Durability
Fortified base layer extends stability and durability.
Heavy-duty 60 mm casters offer smooth mobility.
Hand-sculpted upholstered arms.
Smooth bonded leather.
1-Year limited warranty.
Arm height adjustment: 25.50 inch to 29.25 inch
Seat dimensions (inner): 20.25 inch H x 16.25 inch D x 26.20 inch W
Chair height range: 38.25 inch to 40.25 inch
Dimensions: 26.25 inch W x 27.75 inch D
Help promote strength and flexibility in your back while you work with the Serta Ergonomic Executive Office Chair. This ergonomic office chair helps users become more productive and efficient by maximizing lower back support and comfort while seated. Its unique Back in Motion Active Seat Technology swivels the lumbar forward, providing the same effects as a pelvic tilt exercise by promoting spinal movement and flexibility in your core. Push-button adjustable armrests and pneumatic height adjustment allow the leather office chair to be quickly and easily customized to find the right fit for you. The multilayered cushions are soft yet supportive, so you'll feel refreshed even after a long day.
From the Manufacturer
For more than 75 years, Serta has been an industry leader in comfort products worldwide. That tradition of innovation and quality continues today. From a brand that is synonymous with quality, comfort and style, the Serta Back in Motion Health & Wellness Mid-Back Office Chair offers an amazing new support feature called Active Seating Technology (AST). AST offers continuous motion and support by pivoting the seat and lumbar with you as you move. AST also has been shown to replicate the pelvic tilt exercise which can be good for reducing seated discomfort. The sum total offers your back a continuous support experience you've never felt before in an office chair. Next, is the soft and supple upholstery in a rich Frye brown eco-friendly bonded leather with contrast stitching. The deep, ergo layered body pillows with breathable perforated zones offer the body a serene and tranquil seating experience. Stylish push-button height adjustable padded armrests for precise arm positioning and added hand, wrist and forearm comfort. Measures 26.25-Inch wide by 27.75-Inch deep by 40.25-Inch high. It is delivered in 1 box measuring 29.75-Inch long by 24.50-Inch wide by 17.25-Inch high. 1 year limited warranty. Product assembly is required. Designed in the USA. Manufacturer style number is 44187 .
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm 6'2", so granted fairly tall. However, my thighs were not even halfway on the chair. Meaning the bottom of the chair supported around 1/3 of my legs. I felt like I was going to slide off.
I was perplexed so I had my girlfriend sit on it when she came over. She is 5'5". Her comment was "it looks good, but I feel like I'm going to fall off".
Following this I went back and read reviews were a few people have noted this, but clearly not as upset as I was.
Then, the great fun was taking it back apart and getting it to fit in the original box to ship back. This was close to an hour.
I want my 1.5 hours of my life back.
After using this chair for several months I can safely say, it is the worst chair I have ever owned. Sitting long term (which is what this chair is for let's face it) is extremely uncomfortable, circulation is cut off to the backs of the legs just above the knee's , no amount of height adjustment helps. The seat padding wears out very fast, and as stated by others you feel the bare plywood base. The seat has very little lateral stability, it forms a bias to one side or the other and develops a side to side wobble after a time. The arms have no strength at all, if you are the type that uses the arms to help lift yourself out of a chair, you see the arms start to "splay" out to the sides. The last chair I had i had for almost 14 years. so I am not "rough" on chairs. Avoid this chair at all costs, it's more gimmick than substance.
1. If you are tall, get a different chair. The complaints that this chair is small are totally valid. I am 5"5' about 130 lbs and the chair fits me perfectly. If you are 5'10 / 5'9 or over, it might not fit your body as you want. If you have the chance to view it person before ordering it, i'd recommend it.
2. I am a writer and sit most of the day. I used to have to put a pillow behind my back to get proper lumbar support. This chair has by far the best lumbar support of any chair I have ever sat in. It comes with an additional lumbar pad you can slide over the normal one. I use both. It is wonderful.
3. The people who complain about the lumbar feature of this chair over-exaggerate I think. Yes, the chair moves with you if you lean forward, but it is not some kind of robotic arm that is pushing you forward to the point of discomfort. Honestly, I barely notice it when I lean forward. It only goes to a certain point, it is not oppressive, and while the "back in motion" feature is a fantastic idea, I am not totally sure it achieves what they want. But, it is still a wonderful chair with a soft seat, great lumbar support and looks fantastic.
4. Like I said before, if you are tall, i'd suggest trying this out in person. I was worried it would be too big for my desk, which is small, but its perfect.
Great chair. Very glad I purchased it.
Here is where my issue comes in. The box came so destroyed that one of the arm attachments scraped the concrete when I brought it in the house. I opened the box, and everything was thrown in there with no packing or anything. I feel I received a used chair because none of the packing inside matched. I had one arm attachments with blue packing around it and the other with clear. I’m disappointed because I paid full price for this and I should have received a brand-new product. I believe it was a repackaged return that I received. From here forward, this is not the first time this has happened with a product that is over $150. I am now skeptical to purchase higher ticket items from Amazon and I definitely would not do it through a third-party seller.
Used it for a week and had horrible Coccyx pain. No matter what I did, I was sliding off the front of the chair. The back part which is supposed to help you sit up straight comes forward, the front cushion slopes down and off ya go. I ended up buying a gaming chair which is much more comfortable, has a high back, adjustable arms and is extremely comfortable.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Mexico on October 20, 2018
Definitivamente es mejor ir a una tienda y probar la silla antes de comprarla.
Producto muy caro para lo que recibí.
No lo recomiendo.
El titulo Motion Health casi le va, porque no querras estar sentado en esta silla por mucho tiempo. No existe un descanso pues siempre debes estar con las piernas tensas para no caer o resbalar de la misma. Los acabado estan bien, excepto las partes plasticas que tienen mucho juego (brazos). En cuanto a la espada, ayuda bastante a una buena posicion, pero querras sentarte en otra silla para descansar. Sinceramente muy incomoda.