Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 30, 2016
Used this mattress 5 times in the 6 months I owned it. Guests said it was comfortable. The 6th time I inflated it, the hard plastic seam at the top of the automatic controls moved away from the controls and rendered the mattress utterly useless. It's no longer inflatable. Air pour out from the cavity (see picture) There may be a way to fix it, but that seems like a faulty product. For $247, I would have hoped to get more than 5 uses out of the product.
125 people found this helpful
|1313 comments|Report abuse
on May 13, 2017
Lasted less then a month after being set up. Seam let go while I was sleeping.
16 people found this helpful
on July 2, 2017
It leaks around the control panel, after 2 weeks after purchasing. I tried numerous times taping around it yet it doesn't work. Note: I am 120 pounds. Worst part is the customer service. Amazon- they won't do a thing as well as Serta- they never responded period.
11 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 9, 2016
This would've received 5 stars from me but for the "pillow top" that I think I paid extra for. After a month of sleeping on this bed, it's still inflated and still feels great, but the dimensions are slightly warped and the pillow top can no longer fit around the corners. Looking at the picture now, I should have realized that the topper wouldn't stay on. The material that the sheet is trying to wrap around is plastic and there is nothing but a slight indentation to keep it in place. They should have included some elastic corner straps or made the edges deeper.
review imagereview image
11 people found this helpful
on September 23, 2017
I'm not thrilled with this overall. It is a fine enough air mattress. However the appearance is deceptive, or was so to me. The "pillow top" is more like a small mattress pad cover. Okay, that's manageable because it is an air mattress, after all. It is more comfortable than the rippled sort for certain. The auto pump does maintain a nice consistent firmness. But the mattress stretches. Expected, yes, all air mattresses do this. But the cover no longer fits and the mattress ended up in a rounded shape which became problematic.

Granted, I was sleeping on this nightly as a short term (few months) solution before buying a new bed. I would not recommend this product for other than occasional use. I have gone ahead with a bed purchase and put this away for use when needed for guests, etc. And I completely discarded the topper as it no longer fits at all due to the swelling of the mattress.
|0Comment|Report abuse
*Update*: July 15, 2017 - Downgrading from 3 to 2 stars.

I replaced my second bed under warranty, and am now on my third bed. The second leaked air out its "NeverFlat" unit.

Unfortunately, the third bed holds air, but the internal seams seem to have come loose. Now it is like a giant round balloon that I can't put my sheets on, or even the topper that came with the bed!

But it is still quite comfortable. As a temporary bed for guests, it's great.

But for long-term sleeping with dignity, look elsewhere.

*Original post*: March 18, 2017:

I've owned two of these. They're very comfortable; if inflated properly and covered with a pillow topper or two it can rival the comfort of a bed in an expensive hotel, yet retain the portability and flexibility inherent to an air mattress.

The first one I bought in Nov. 2013. I slept on it most days until about Aug. 2016 when it started going flat. For such endurance, I'd give it 5 stars.

Pleased by how long the first one lasted considering its price, in Sept. 2016 I bought a second one. This one is already going flat, because - ironically - the secondary "never flat" device is leaking. Weak! For this, I'd give it 1 star.

So, average of 3 stars.

Altogether, I've spent roughly a combined 40 months sleeping on two of these. If you're okay with your air mattress averaging 20 months of life in near-daily use, then these are a great option.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 15, 2017
I love this type of air mattress with the dual pump because it keeps the bed firm throughout the night. But this one must be made differently from the last one I bought. It stretches and expands like a balloon through the night, to the point that it is larger than a queen mattress, the sheets come off, and it even bows up in the middle, which becomes slightly uncomfortable for my head now lower than my midsection.
I use a queen size memory foam topper and as you can see in my pictures, it is no longer covering the mattress on the sides or the ends, all of which have stretched to new dimensions.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on May 30, 2017
Not a good fit for us. Item not as described. Item did not stay inflated to the firmness we had it set to. The item makes noises when you move on it, it does not have flocking on it!!
The topper is not attached and does not stay on the mattress. It will roll you to the middle as well.
We are returning this item. A few years back we purchased a $50 air bed and it was excellent compared to this one. Just our experience.
10 people found this helpful
on December 23, 2016
Both the website and the box say that this is 60" x 78" when inflated. I inflated it on the "firm" setting, left it for several hours, and tried a queen fitted bottom sheet that fits nicely on my queen-size regular mattress. On this Serta it hangs loosely on all sides, about as a flat sheet would. I measured length and width at the middle per Serta's instructions and repeatedly got 58" x 76". Maybe this batch of mattresses came out small? Or is one expected to have a special undersized fitted sheet custom made just for this?

Also, it mystifies me that some airbed manufacturers (including Aerobed!) can get away with calling 78" long mattresses "queen" size when the standard for queen mattresses is 80". Kind of like giving you 5 beers when you buy a 6-pack.

I'm returning it.
One person found this helpful
on November 22, 2017
I initially ordered this to serve as a temporary sleeping solution as i moved into an apartment. After a few days of sleeping on it, i changed perspective and just put it on a bed frame and did not replace it with a traditional mattress. It has a firmness setting so that i can set it to a firmness that i prefer. I find the secondary inflation mechanism keeps the mattress fully inflated in rarely makes any noise. This mattress is always inflated and a pleasure to sleep in.
Also found that i don't "sleep hot" as compared to my memory foam mattress which retains body temperature. This mattress is stays cool.
This mattress comes with a mattress cover which is not very comfartable - it would be better to purchase a separate mattress cover/topper

This went from 5 to 1 star after the mattress got a hole that couldnt be repaired after 3 months of usage.

Also, after 45 days, still waiting on a warranty replacement