Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 104 reviews
on June 25, 2016
This is one of the best books on leadership that I have ever read. No one is on the same level when it comes to the concept of servant leadership.
My doctoral dissertation was on leadership and I have read thousands of pages on leadership. No book is better. It has more depth than a dozen books on the subject.
Incredible book about being a servant leader. This book was a trailblazer for the theory of leading from within.
on July 16, 2017
a must read for any business major or entrepreneur
on November 24, 2014
I read a lot of leadership books. This is not a leadership book, despite the title. I can't remember the last book I quit reading, but I couldn't finish this. It's geared towards members of boards, and only members of boards. If that's you, I'd still look elsewhere.
on July 3, 2017
Great.
on July 12, 2014
The "leader" and the "servant" sound like two contradictory status, from the surface. How can a leader be a servant at the same time? What is the servant-leader? I think that probably is because most people often mix the concept of "authority" and "leadership".

Looking back to the history of human beings, and reflecting on the examples of effective leaders (also reads as influencer) given in this book (as well as from the Scripture), I have got refreshing perspectives about leadership.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2016
THE most relevat book of leadership if you want to give meaning to tour everyday life as a leader
on May 16, 2013
Greenleaf came from the same period as Illich and Freire, and utilized both of these concepts to redefine what a leader could be. These three combined paint a picture of how the world could work in a more productive and egalitarian manner. Yes, this book is longwinded, but that makes it no less of a classic and no less worthy of being read. Pick it up and redefine the world you live in, especially if you are in a leadership position.
on February 29, 2016
Really excellent book! I bought this for a class that I am in to gain insight on the original notion of servant leadership. It exceeded my expectations, and it provided me with the foundation I needed to complete my assignment and to become a truer servant leader.
on April 17, 2015
This book was an interesting perspective on servant leadership. It was a bit romantic and too academic (admittedly I prefer more practical and literal works) for my taste. However, anyone can learn something from this book.