Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 9, 2009
I am very satisfied with this cookbook. It does a good job of suggesting a number of simple possibilities for easy meals to make on a week night for one or two people. Most are not exotic, just hearty and healthy home cooked meals. There is alot of variety and I think some imagination. For example, the section on pasta has eleven recipes that don't use use tomato sauce,though there is also an easy recipe for homemade tomato sauce. There is a recipe for grilled tuna with mango dipping sauce if you are in the mood for something a little more out of the ordinary.

If you don't already cook some Chinese or have an Asian market nearby, you may find some recipes a little unfamiliar since they call for fresh ginger and garlic, soy sauce, Asian noodles or even miso or tofu. One rice recipe is seasoned with the Indian spice garam masala. I make some Indian curries or Chinese stir fry from time to time and typically have these things on hand anyway so this is not a problem for me. Most would be available at a good grocery store with an international section and they are worth getting to know if you don't use them already.

There are also some useful explanations and general tips on the ingredients and suggestions to expand on or improvise with the recipes. One slight negative is that there are only a few photos of the prepared dishes and they are all grouped together in one section of the book rather than being with the recipes. Another for some will be the requirement in some recipes for ingredients or seasonings only used in Indian or Chinese cooking. As for me, there are several recipes in this book which I enjoy and will return to so I am not at all sorry I bought it.
on April 29, 2014
This had some pretty decent and unique recipes but it also had some pretty boring ones too. Also there were quite a few recipes that were 3 or more servings it's not a "serves one" book if it had that many servings. The reason I got this book was so I would stop wasting so much food on myself and I felt some of the recipes still made too much food. There are probably better options out there than this, I wouldn't highly suggest it.
on February 22, 2014
What to eat when you're alone. Ramen every meal? No. Unless you want scurvy. Simple recipes for 1-2 people so you can eat with a friend or have a little extra or a little for tomorrow. Nice book format with great pictures.
on August 10, 2016
Love the recipes also can double if needed
on September 3, 2013
I cook for me and sometimes another. This has a great many recipies and is easy to use. It does all the hard work of cutting down recipies and makes it easier to have less waste and le3ftovers
on January 25, 2013
I recently lost my husband, but I have always loved to cook. These recipes are inventive, delicious, easy and just right for me. This is a keeper.
on May 28, 2013
It is so difficult to recalculate recipes for just one person,this book does it for you. I liked the recipes although some of the ingredients require multiple hopping sites.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2015
Great book.
on January 30, 2013
Can prepare meals for one without waste and without time consuming reduction to recipes. Enjoy the eating out flavor while dining in.
on March 16, 2015
Hard to follow, limited pictures for ease of choosing a recipe. Mostly in black and white.