Master the management of IT Service using full potential of ServiceNow.
About This Book
- Leverage ServiceNow's capabilities to achieve improved service management and excellent results in your IT operations by following step-by-step, practical instructions
- Build core administration, management, and maintenance skills with IT service management and IT operations management
- Improve your workflow efficiency by designing and creating responsive and automated workflows
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Acquire and configure your own free personal developer instance of ServiceNow
- Read (and write!) clear, effective requirements for ServiceNow development
- Avoid common pitfalls and missteps that could seriously impact future progress and upgradeability
- Use the ServiceNow plugins to manage development
- Build and publish custom applications for service management
- Find out how to authenticate and secure Web Services
- Integrate and exchange data with people and systems
- Create and secure your systems with proper access control
ServiceNow is a SaaS application that provides workflow form-based applications. It is an ideal platform for creating enterprise-level applications, giving requesters and fulfillers improved visibility and access to a process. ServiceNow-based applications often replace email by providing a better way to get work done.
This course will show you how to put important ServiceNow features to work in the real world. We will introduce key concepts and examples on managing and automating IT services, and help you build a solid foundation towards this new approach. You will then learn more about the power of tasks, events, and notifications. We'll then focus on using web services and other mechanisms to integrate ServiceNow with other systems.
Further on, you'll learn how to secure applications and data, and understand how ServiceNow performs logging and error reporting. At the end of this course, you will acquire immediately applicable skills to rectify everyday problems encountered on the ServiceNow platform.
The course provides you with highly practical content explaining ServiceNow from the following Packt books:
- Learning ServiceNow
- ServiceNow Cookbook
- Mastering ServiceNow, Second Edition
Style and approach
This pragmatic guide follows problem-solution based approach to help you configure the ServiceNow and eliminate the challenges faced when implementing and using ServiceNow. It enables you to configure and manage ServiceNow, and learn the fundamentals of the ServiceNow platform.