YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 210 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on December 7, 2004
I bought this DVD in spite of reading the negative reviews here on Amazon and decided that a 4* average rating was worth it. I was WRONG!

This DVD is SHORT about 30 mins total including the ads! Rouhgly 15 mins running time! Ridiculous!

Furthermore, I expected Sesame Street classics like Ernie singing "Rubber Ducky", "Yellow Submarine" and so on. Instead we get the Sesame Street version of a few Nursery rhymes and BAD sesame street versions at that.

My One year old who normally stays glued once Sesame Street is on WALKED AWAY after a few minutes! My 6 year old complained that the songs were "not right. They are singing them wrong!" She said. She didn't like it.

This has been a MAJOR disappointment. Better off to by Barney..at least you get FULL time with menus and the children stay interested.

In this instance, the 1 star reviewers got it dead right! This was a total waste of money!
11 comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2011
Well, the sound quality is so poor, it was actually hurting my ears even at low volume. it's ALL treble and raspy..
It's also very short... it's 30 minutes long, but the first half of the video are advertisements that you can't skip!! my son didn't like it and i have to agree with him... if you are looking for a good songs dvd, get kids favorite songs #2. It is much much much better and longer... another good one is strawberry shortcake...

i don't recommend this dvd to anyone..
on April 8, 2014
I bought this DVD in order to play with my 5-years-old child and enhance his English skills. However, when I’ve gotten the videos abroad, those had Region 1 settings; meaning I was not able to open it from my PlayStation 3 device at home, so I’m really disappointed about Amazon knows that I’m based in Central America and they didn’t send a multi-region video for me.
on February 27, 2015
I have Sesame Street: Kids' Favorite Songs 2 and this one is much better. In this DVD Sesame Street characters actually sing (while in the number 2 there are lots of videos of children that sing). You will hear main famous children songs. First time my daughter watched it, she was really amazed and could "sing" along.
I took out one star because it last only 30 minutes (while number 2, 45 minutes) and Elmo does not sing that much by himself (so Elmo little fans can be a little disappointed). I was personally bored by Elmo keeping counting backwards from 10 to 1...
on August 1, 2014
Gift for our 9 month old niece for Christmas, and she loved it! Her mother said it's a frequent favorite when getting ready in the morning and can keep her entertained briefly when mom needs to get a few chores done around the house. Sesame Street is a favorite and this is a good collection! Very good price, too, since these videos don't always keep their attention for too long, as their interests change quickly!
on July 20, 2016
Cute video but definitely old school sesame street. My son loves Elmo/Sesame Street characters and loves to sing. I wanted to get him a video but has never really watched sesame street. The few times he has watched Sesame Street he becomes disinterested fast. He loved Sesame Street Live and some other sesame street shows when he went to those and since they do not sell the videos of those, I was looking for something similar to that. This is nothing like the shows (I did not expect to be, but I thought the singing would interest my son). He likes the video - its definitely not his favorite thing (he would much rather watch the sesame street live videos on youtube). I think for $5 its a good buy.
on November 30, 2013
arrived on time . This was a very good dvd for my grandchildren . Both of them love to dance
to the songs and learned to sing along with them . They watched this dvd everyday , i am
looking for more of these type of tapes for the children , age 2 & 4 years old. very entertaining.
on November 5, 2006
I bought this for me sister's child and then bought one for mine. It is great fun and the kids love it. The fun songs and wonderful colors are great learning fun for all ages.
My son absolutely loves singing along with Sesame Street characters, so "Kids Favorite Songs" and "Kids Favorite Songs 2" are his favorites. This is cute.
on October 24, 2008
My daughter is 19 months old and absolutely loves this DVD. I only gave it 4 stars because the sound quality is AWFUL, but she doesn't seem to mind in the least. She can't take her eyes off the screen and smiles throughout The Count's Song "This Old Bat". When the DVD is over she often says, "Again?" Of course I don't let her watch it twice in a row, but the fact that she requests it says it all-- she's never requested a DVD before. Overall, I'm happy I bought it for her. The puppets are the stars, not kids or adults.