Customer Reviews: Sesame Street: The Best of Elmo 2
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon

on November 27, 2010
We LOVE this Elmo video! My daughter is 18 months old and we have several Sesame Street videos (mostly Elmo's World). She just loves Elmo. What makes this dvd different is that it ISN'T like Elmo's world. We love Elmo's World, but are happy for a change from the characters that are in it (ie: Noodle family).
This has appearances from celebrities and fantastic songs in it that are sure to be classics. I cannot compare to Best of Elmo 1, but I can definitely say this is one of our favorite DVDs in our collection.
on February 23, 2013
Our daughter is 19 months old, and has a bit of an Elmo obsession. Elmo doll, Elmo shoes, and especially Elmo's songs. When we found the alphabet song with Elmo and India.Arie online, it was all she wanted to watch for about a week.

When we got tired of hitting "play again" on YouTube, we decided to download an Elmo video, and this was the one we selected. She (and we) were not disappointed. The video includes a variety of Elmo clips, but what our daughter loves is the songs. The India.Arie song mentioned is included, as well as tracks with Feist, Jason Mraz, Adam Sandler, Destiny's Child, and Goo Goo Dolls. Many of the songs are good enough that we downloaded the original songs in MP3 format for use in iTunes. Highly recommended!
on October 25, 2010
I keep this DVD in my car and my 23 month old daughter watches it almost every day. By now, she is starting to sing along with the songs and I can't even remember the original words to the Jason Mraz song, "I'm yours" anymore because now I sing the "Elmo" version instead.

As other reviewers have pointed out this DVD is also entertaining for parents because it features appearances by Jack Black, Adam Sandler, Goo Goo Dolls and Ray Charles, to name a few...

Highly recommend for kids who love Elmo.
on February 27, 2016
This is a great video! Elmo will never be the same without Kevin Clash. I didn't realize that I was purchasing a rental when I turned it on for my grandchildren. I wouldn't have noticed had I not gotten an email telling me. I'll be more careful next time but I will say that this rental is worth every penny. So much so that when my grandchildren went home; I watched it again. It's packed with All Star Guests in one video. It's highly entertaining for the whole family.
on January 9, 2016
It is quite possible that I like this video almost as much as my toddler! Celebrities including Jason Mraz, the Goo Goo Dolls, and Feist adapt their popular songs for the littles to relate to and dance along to. Diane Sawyer and David Beckham also make appearances, and the movie is complete with a robot. The video is about 45 minutes but is full of high quality skits- and most importantly- full of Elmo! In other Elmo videos, there may be rather long stretches without Elmo actually included, and that just does not sit well with my 2 year old boy who is Elmo-crazy (he will ask to watch Elmo when, indeed, an Elmo video is already on; and no, we don't watch that much TV which is why quality is important!).
on May 17, 2012
Before B got introduced to Cars (Disney's evil genius), his favorite DVD was The Best of Elmo 2. It was the first movie he ever watched at the tender age of 18 months and he loved it.

And I loved this DVD. It's charming, sweet, and it features great songs from artists like Jason Mraz, Feist, and Ray Charles. It's essentially a story of how Elmo meets a new friend, Memory Bot, and helps Memory Bot get new memories by sharing his memories of his times with friends. At first B was scared of some of the songs, but he now knows all of them by heart. And I'm more than happy to watch it with him for the music and the lessons therein.

We initially were streaming some of these songs off of youtube and just bought the DVD. It's worth it as it supports Sesame Street and well, I don't have to click every 2 minutes for a new song. Of note: THIS IS NOT ELMO'S WORLD. It's much much more than that-- it's a great first movie for toddlers.
on April 1, 2015
My son has watched this about a million times, he absolutely loves it and I have to say the songs are quite catchy (to the point where I can stand them being sung and watched on a daily basis) Saved us on our plane trip by downloading it to the IPad!
on May 19, 2012
This DVD is a classic. It has some timeless episodes included which will make you feel like a kid when watching with your kid. Elmo is forever carved in history as one of the best if not the best children TV programs.
on January 8, 2011
Every Christmas I get my son toys and after a day or two he doesn't play with them anymore, so I got him the Elmo dvd and he loves it, every day and night he watches this dvd and its very educational because they sing the A,B,C's and he sings along with it, my son is two and he's turning three soon but this gift made me feel that I made the perfect choice.This was a great buy for the money and I will definately buy him more of the Elmo DVD's thank you so much......
on October 3, 2012
My 20 month old granddaughter's favorite DVD. This is my second purchase. They lost the first one on vacation and my daughter replaced it with a similar Elmo DVD. It has some of the same songs on, but granddaughter was having no parts of it. She's used to the order and the selection on Best of Elmo 2, so I had to buy another. This DVD has gotten us thru many of cranky moments. It's even entertaining for adults as it is Elmo singing with contemporary singers. You won't regret this purchase. Or as my granddaughter says, "Mo. ya ya ya"