Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

VINE VOICEon November 7, 2015
The original 2009 Blu-ray/DVD combo pack of this movie was one of the worst blu-ray transfers of a movie I have ever seen. The picture was extremely dark and difficult to watch.I ended up selling it to FYE and kepy my original DVD from 2001.

This new 2015 "grinchmas" edition is a huge improvement. It has been re-mastered. the picture is much clearer and well worth re-buying.

The only down sides to this re-issue is that there's no DVD Disc (But there is a digital copy) and there's no new features. So those extra scenes that have been seen on ABC Family, still have not made their way onto disc format.

If you're a fan of this movie, I'd suggest buying this "Grinchmas" Edition, even if you have The original 2009 release. The picture quality imporvement is well worth the re-buy
88 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 22, 2015
What can I say about Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas except that it is fantastic! Jim Carrey, playing the main title character The Grinch, takes the classic children's Dr. Seuss story up a notch or ten! The characters have all been brought to life with amazing actors, such as Taylor Momsen as Ciny Lou Who, Jeffrey Tambor as Mayor Augustus Maywho, Bill Irwin as Lou Lou Who, Christine Baranski as Martha May Whovier and Molly Shannon as Betty Lou Who.

As per the old story, the Grinch tries his darndest to steal Christmas away from the residents of Whoville - and actually succeeds. That is, until little Cindy Lou Who works her way into his heart, causing it to grow and the Grinch feels regret for what he has done and comincally sets everything right.

Highly recommended for the whole family to start off the Holiday season - or any time of the year when you need a good laugh!
on February 21, 2016
A favorite in our house! If you love the original story and cartoon, then you will love this movie too! Jim Carey is hilarious in his role as the Grinch. Now the base story is the same, but there a couple things that are a little different . The Grinch grows up with everyone (seen in flashbacks) and he has a bit of a grudge from being bullied throughout childhood. I appreciated the fact that the movie showed that sometimes, adults, do NOT grow out of their childish and bullying behaviors. Overall, the movie is a lot of fun, and a lot of laughs. It features a great all star cast. I really think those who enjoyed the original story will love this one as well.
on November 5, 2017
I've had this version of the Grinch on DVD, Blu Ray and now on 4K Ultra HD and I have to say it looks great in 4K! But like all movies of at least a certain age the remastering process of a movie that's this age also increases a slight graininess in the picture quality that's sadly unavoidable. But the movie was just as much fun as it was the very first time I saw it. And it's still a favorite of mine, and now so much better in 4K!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 7, 2017
Both a blue ray disc and a dvd, along with a digital download in one package, all tucked into a green, furry, dust mitt thingie.

Of course, the movie is 5 stars plus.
on August 21, 2017
I really enjoy this movie. Jim Carey playing the Grinch was amazing. It was such a great choice. The movie stays true to the story in the book but it adds alto to it. I enjoy the fun and humor of the movie. I also enjoy watching the story go over the Grinch life and that the Grinch found happiness at the end.
on December 10, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies at Christmas time. So when I went to play my DVD and the sound wasn't working, I turned to Amazon for the digital version. Having seen this movie so many times, it was very disappointing to see there are several scenes missing. And since my DVD is malfunctioning, I guess I'm stuck with the wrong version. Bummer.
on December 17, 2015
One of my two favorite Christmas movies ever! How can you beat Jim Carrey as the Grinch. Lots of grown up humor than tiny hoomans won't understand but makes sure that it will keep you entertained with this updated classic. Fun for the whole family!
on January 15, 2018
This movie is a must for Christmas. The movie has fantastic costuming, and the facial expressions of the Grinch are just amazing. The Grinch's "evil grin" at the beginning actually freaks my seven year old out! The movie does a great job in replicating a lot of details from the original book and cartoon while still expanding the story line.
on March 22, 2017
DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORIES, I can't go one Christmas without watching mr. grinch. Great film, and Jim Carey! Oh, how I love jim. Best Christmas movie ever.