Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
The Seven Laws of Money Paperback – December 17, 1996
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Michael Phillips developed MasterCard as vice president of the Bank of California. He is the author of Honest Business and The Seven Laws of Money.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These characters from the San Francisco Bay area participated in much of the change that happened in attitudes, lifestyle and publishing during the late '60's and 1970's. The book's voice is very much of that era and evokes that place and time.
I recommend this book unreservedly to all readers over the age of 14.
Fine. Did Phillips expand the book in a conventional way by, say, expanding the discussion of the Seven Laws? No. There's all kinds of weird little drawings, questionable poetry by someone named Jug 'n' Candle and rambling stories that go on and on. I'm not sure if some of it isn't displaying well on my Kindle as I've never seen a printed copy. I can only talk about what I see on the Kindle.
I could say this is a very unconventional book about money and that would be an understatement. You're not going to get "mystical" advice like this from Dave Ramsey or Suze Orman.
Still, I'm going to give it the Kindle edition three stars. Why? Because the advice is probably sound. Evaluating it from an intuitive basis, it's appealing and makes sense. However, logically, everything from the way it's structured, to how it's written to the advice itself, it's a complete mess. To paraphrase a line from the book, only 2 percent of what we can see and experience is logical. This book is to address the other 98 percent.
Nonetheless, it is a one-of-a-kind read for those who want inspiration and confidence
The book is written in an easy-to-read format and a manner that can make you laugh.
The book could help inspire teenagers in recovery from drug dependency gain confidence.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is recommended reading.