Seven Lives Many Faces
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This video, however, falls short on just about every level. The utter laziness involved is astounding. Technically, it's like a VHS tape. The video is presented in widescreen, but it's not anamorphic. What that means is that if you own a widescreen TV, you're relegated to watching it in a small window in the center of the screen. The 5.1 Digital Surround Sound and DTS is a complete joke. It barely makes use of the rear surround speakers. It's basically an "enhanced stereo" presentation.
The videos themselves are a slap in the face to all fans. Roughly 70% of the videos consist of scenes from Enigma's early videos from the first four albums. Moreover, the clips even repeat themselves throughout this video (okay, so they added some cheesy visual filter this time). The remaining 30% is actually original, and those are the better ones (I really liked the video for "The Same Parents").
I got this DVD using a gift card, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. To me, it lessens the majesty that Seven Lives Many Faces is. If Michael Cretu had produced original videos to this, like he did with the MCMXC a.D. video album, this could've been wonderful. Fans would already own MCMXC a.D. and Remember the Future DVD's, so this is in essence buying the same thing.
One of my favorite videos is "Seven Lives". I strikes me as a combination of "Push The Limits" and "Mea Culpa". I have it playing in the background right now and loving everything I hear and see. I feel it is well worth the money for this. I only wish there was a dvd for each Enigma creation!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great stuff Amazon , great service and the product is awesome , music and picture clear as ., very cool thanks.Published 13 months ago by Brent Gestro
If you are an Enigma fan you should get it, I love it and all their music. The DVD is good and I did enjoy it.Published on July 6, 2013 by Carmen
The videos here are amazing, with images extracted of cut-off from some original videos of Enigma (several pieces that we never have seen), and completelly new images recorded in... Read morePublished on December 28, 2009 by Roberto de Oliveira
This DVD includes all of the audio tracks from the CD with computerized video effects (not video clips).Published on September 7, 2009 by Alex Stas