|Digital List Price:||$9.99|
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $4.77 (34%)
Seven Saints for Seven Virtues Kindle Edition
|Length: 147 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Ms. Heimann's book is a lessen in discipleship. Living their lives in imitation of Christ, the saints teach us that:
1. The spiritual journey is entirely dependent on God. It is a gift gratuitously given to us by our Divine Father. While prayer is indispensable, and the Mass is the Church's greatest prayer and repository of grace; going to Mass doesn’t make us holy. Neither does saying a million rosaries. God sustains us in life – in everything we do. We are entirely dependent on his mercy.
2. Our effort is necessary. Like the saints, we must respond to God's love by loving Him and others selflessly. What we can do to place ourselves in the presence of Christ we should do. Daily prayer is essential. Reading the scriptures is another key that unlocks the doors to eternity. God knows us completely. God loves us abundantly. Everything we say and do should be a response to that love.
3. There are painful dimensions to the path toward holiness. The saints had to bear innumerable crosses on their roads to sanctity. We’re all familiar with the expression “no pain no gain.” Expelling sin from our lives can be difficult even painful. Expanding our hearts, minds, and souls takes work. Letting go of lesser cares and filling ourselves with God’s love can be a challenge. The temptation may be to put off the heavy lifting until later.
4. Despite its painful dimensions, the journey toward holiness is worth it. The heroic virtue of saints requires courage, fortitude, and faith. To find the pearl of great price we must get rid of the sin, occasions of sin, temptations, and vices in our lives and cultivate virtue. Falling in love with God means letting go of the world. Whatever our difficulties, holiness justifies the effort.
Did this in a study group of men this summer and everyone
liked it. The content is fine. The prayers are really good.
Give some good insight into a number of saints.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth