Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seven Spools of Thread: A Kwanzaa Story (Albert Whitman Prairie Paperback)
Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo

on October 22, 2000
A great book to share and explain Kwanzaa values. I am participating in a library program and this tales of selfishness and unity from an African folklore is a wonderful way to explain the principle of Umoja. The illustrations are beautiful with rich and bold color. This is a story I will never forget.
on December 6, 2000
A friend shared this book with me when we were in a discussion of Africa's Kente cloth, woven with bright colors in narrow strips and then sewed into wider fabric. Seven Spools... is a delightful tale well told and beautifully illustrated. The moral lesson of cooperation is clearly shown. I have ordered it to be a great addition to my group of African books for children and adults.
on January 22, 2016
I love this book! I want my child to see more of his culture in the books I read to him so he has an understanding of where he came from. I also want him to see and hear from characters that look like him so he can look up to that ideal. The story is adorable and teaches the life lesson of working together to accomplish a mission as well as giving back to the community when you have much while others have so little. The artwork is beautiful and colorful and very engaging for my child! I love this book!
on March 9, 2016
Really excellent story, and lovely imagery. I used this book to teach an art lesson to elementary school children that turned out really well. The book was large enough to show the whole class. I would suggest using it during the month of February for a lesson plan.
on February 28, 2015
What better way to make a Holiday come alive than through storytelling. It brings back a time filled with memories of happy times with all the family. To show the love of a Holiday through story, now that's what brings the story alive!
on January 8, 2014
I purchased this for a library serving a college of education because we need greater diversity in our collections and displays. As part of a Kwanzaa program at church, I read it aloud to a group of children from ages 3 to 12, and everyone paid attention--an uncommon experience! All the Kwanzaa principles are woven into the narrative and the colorful linoleum block illustrations reflect Ghana's kente cloth. It's a worthwhile purchase for home or library.
on March 21, 2013
I purchased this book to use as a supplement to reading curriculum for third and fourth-graders in our local school. It's a fabulous story, and provided the students with a lot to talk about. They related easily to the concepts and enjoyed the illustrations, which were quite unique. It's a great story to read aloud and would make a super gift for any young reader.
on January 16, 2014
Wonderful approach to the Kwanzaa celebration and many other life lessons! Both of my children truly enjoyed it. Fantastic illustrations!
on December 14, 2012
Story Telling is really an Art Form for African American Family Historian it is this person that tells the stories and history of the family this book fits into any family gathering story telling celebration
on January 15, 2012
I absolutely love this story! I have shared it with many of my students who also love the story.It demonstrates a very valuable lesson that children and adults can relate to and understand. I highly recommend this book!