Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Seven-X Paperback – March 6, 2012
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Review by Penny White "Readers' Favorite"
- IMustRead.com -100 BEST HORROR NOVELS OF ALL TIME-
- Seven-X is a brain-twisting thriller that keeps you wanting more. The characters are compelling, the story is unique and thought provoking and the writing is vivid and imaginative. Highly recommended! -- JamesP1 barnesandnoble.com
Loved it! Couldn't put it down! It was very intense, creepy to the core, sent chills down my spine anticipating what happens next! The wording was sensational! Made me feel as if I was right there with Eddie in that mental hospital experiencing the things he did! Highly recommended. I really hope this gets made into a movie.
Seven-X is the classic definition of horror. (Dictionary) An overwhelming and painful feeling caused by something frightfully shocking, terrifying, or revolting; a shuddering fear. YES. This book delivered all of these feelings with such precision and unique story telling; yet there was also beauty, redemption and humanity. Andrew/Goodreads
From the Author
- PLEASE NOTE: A revised edition of SEVEN-X was released February 2, 2016 edited by Rachel Kirsch. Previous editions were edited by Robert Scott.
- About SEVEN-X
Human beings are a unique species, able to express love, kindness, compassion and mercy while still holding FORCES OF EVIL, destruction, chaos, despair and hate WITHIN US! At any given moment we can swing in either direction, and ACT ON THESE IMPULSES without ever really considering the root of where these things live, or HOW FAR WILL THEY TAKE US.
The best way to EXPERIENCE SEVEN-X is to read it the way it was written, ALONE AT NIGHT, unobstructed from the outside world. You will begin to sense and perhaps see this OTHER DIMENSION. You will experience SOMETHING BEYOND YOURSELF through Eddie's journey and these words will take hold of you. This is not your ordinary book.
- WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS INTENSE SCENES AND ADULT LANGUAGE.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
MINI SPOILER ALERT ---
- One of the things that other readers like myself may find very frustrating is the main characters refusal to acknowledge even the slightest bit of truth when it comes to a possibility of demons, when in his particular case he has been shown and give an abundance of proof. Another point to that matter is that he meets numerous different people and has several strange encounters that would make any normal person, even a hard headed opinionated stubborn person realize that there is no possibility of having that many random people tell you the same thing. That would freak anyone out!!!. Instead, he ignores and ignores. That irritates me. The author made him drastically narrow minded in this book, which is something that a true journalist cannot afford to be. Still, without a doubt worth reading!!! 🌟
Rumor has it that there is a behavioral health center in Uphir, Texas that is housing supposedly executed convicts, where they are conducting illegal experiments on them. Eddie is especially interested in finding Annette Dobson a mother that has murdered all of her children one by one each time claiming SIDS. Annette was pregnant yet again when the death sentence was handed down. Eddie just knows if he can track down Annette his career will be made.
Eddie’s big break comes when he secures permission from the Doctor in charge of the facility to come in and conduct interviews, with the stipulation that he voluntarily signs himself in as a patient. It’s while Eddie is housed at the center that the story unfolds. Through journal entries, video tapes and recordings all being sent to Melanie we begin to find out what’s going on. As Melanie begins piecing everything together an unearthly presence makes itself known.
This is a story of good vs. evil. Possession and redemption. Demons’ fighting to gain entrance to one’s very soul. The Bible states when one demon is exorcised he will bring back 7 more to try again (Matthew 12: 43-45) hence the title.
Ironically, before starting this book a friend had posted the question, what are some of your favorite lesser known found footage movies? That is exactly how this book reads! You can visualize what’s happening as you go along journal entry by journal entry. I can’t wait to see this on the big screen.
However, I don't doubt this author is talented and able to over-come and I am hoping for a better edited version, at which time I intend to download and read again - because the plot is that good and I'm hoping for good things for this author and this novel.