Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Seven Years to Sin
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 29, 2013
This story had phenomenal sex scenes, and that was it's only highlight. This would have been great sensuality if added to a Nora Roberts title. The story was overly open with large annoying gaps. It had a beginning, but no real middle or finalized conclusion. It just seemed as if the story was dragging itself in order to get to the next sexual encounter. I was impressed that the characters weren't "typical" historical novel romantic portrayals. I suppose that was another highlight. I enjoyed -ASK FOR IT-, but this one, not so much.
on January 4, 2013
I enjoyed reading this book, I really did but found The Stranger I Married to be far superior. To be honest the prologue or "sample read" was the best part of it! Very steamy and made promises that the book sadly did not keep. The characters were likable enough, although the sex scenes were mostly unexciting and didn't really flow as well as this author usually writes.
I actually found myself more interested in the sub plot involving her sister than in the main characters!
It is worth reading, if you are a big fan of the author. I don't regret reading it but just found the experience to be average, not a word I would usually associate with this author.
But that's fine - no-one can be perfect!
on June 6, 2013
...then this book is for you. I dove into this read with high expectations that were sourly crushed the deeper into this book I read. It seems that most modern romances involving sex that are rendered for the benefit of entertaining woman have the same basic plot: a misunderstood male who is ridiculously attractive, once a player, yet finds a underrated and beautiful woman to fall in love with. If that can even be called love at all... The portrayal of this emotion in this novel was extremely weak--the characters found love only with the bounds of sexual attraction, meaning it was never really real at all. This story, to farther disappoint me, had no compelling characters or plot to capture my interest, because nothing psychologically unique was ever presented. What was presented was a superficial rendering of sexual ideals that any horny sixteen year old could write after she "fell in love" with her two month old boyfriend, just after they became sexually active. There is nothing special or intriguing about this novel, besides its exotic setting, yet that can also be seen as repetitively overdone. The author showed no knowledge of what it was like to be a seaman, and there was no evident drama to bring the main characters closer together, besides sexual passion which eventually became overrated.

If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey, this book is for you, just do not expect anything much different in the plot or level of character development, which makes this novel extremely boring and basic, in an "I've already read this" kind of way.
on April 19, 2015
I enjoy Sylvia Day's books, and was intrigued by her own description of this book as being the inspiration for the Cross Fire Series. While I could definitely pick up the themes that she would further explore in those novels, this book seemed a bit lackluster when compared to those. If you know Day's writing, you won't be disappointed by the steamier scenes but I found it difficult to care about these characters as much as I do Gideon and Eva. Still worth reading.
on June 24, 2013
What a great storyline. A love story that is sparked at a young age but does not flower until many years later. Lady Jessica Sheffield makes a transatlantic voyage to inspect her deceased husbands interests where she re-ignites a passion sparked prior to her marriage. The love between Alistair and Jessica is heart warming as well as sensual. Some of the language used in the initial chapters of the book threw me a bit to begin with, but I loved it. Having read Bared to You, I can see the links between the two books.
on September 16, 2012
What would be my words to describe this book? This book conveyed a passionate, enchanting love story. I loved how the writer isolated these two people to allow them to develop their love for one another given the time period this story was set in when society seem to dictate everyone actions. Alistair was a flawed character and vulnerabilty captivated me along with his love for Jessica. I also appreciate how this author tells stories where the biggest hurdle in the way of love is simply ourselves. I recommend this book if you just want to know the feeling of true love.
on October 24, 2013
It's been many years since I read an Historical "bodice ripper". I am absolutely in love with this book. It took me a few chapters to get used to the language, since it has been years, but the characters are so endearing, their story had to be told. I will positively be reading more of this author's historical works. I adore the CROSSFIRE series, but man this book is HOT!!! I mean steamy HAWT!!!! I was very sad when I came to the last page!
on May 29, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It is the first hot and steamy historical novel I can recall reading. I found the characters compelling. I got so into the story that I read the entire book in a day. In a way, I agree with another reviewer's comments about the secondary story. Whenever it switched back to that Hester's storyline, I couldn't wait for it to go back to Jess and Alistair. On the other hand, that also made it feel more authentic for the time period to me. Reminded me of the way Austen novels always seem to have so many characters and stories.
on July 19, 2015
If you like a lot of sex scenes and not much story with your romance, you will like this book. For a lot of the book, that's mostly what goes on. There is somewhat of a story, but it only gets interesting toward the end. I did like the endearing way the two main characters cared for each other. Very sweet.
on February 1, 2014
I rated the book 2 stars because I found it took me nearly 3/4 of the book to actually get interested in it. I found it a tedious read up until nearly the end of the book then all of a sudden things started happening and I couldn't put the book down. I am also waiting to find out when Captivated By You is going to be released. I have signed up to receive Sylvia's newsletter but all it states is that when it can be pre-ordered we will be informed. There is no hint as to when this will take place which is extremely frustrating. In some aspects I can understand the delay because of the issue with Entwined With You release date pushed back a few times.
Thanks for listening