Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on September 14, 2017
A book must grab my attention and interest from the first page or the chances of me finishing it are very slim. This book delivered on both accounts. I am looking forward to reading L Roberts second book in the series.
on September 10, 2017
Didn’t expect to like it so much
on August 6, 2017
Happy reading folks
on July 6, 2017
This book just did not draw me in. I found the writing dragged, and the conclusion was very forced. Also, I never felt as thought the character was actually in danger, which made the story quite boring.
on June 25, 2017
Excellent reading of a Christian/fictional book. Bible stories were combined ingenuously to create a well formed story. Great from beginning to end.
on April 4, 2017
The Lord has an interesting way of leading me to the words, the books, I have to read. What I read here, represents much, of what I found to be true.....all wrapped in a gripping story, of today's world, and the time, when Jesus walked the earth. If you love Jesus, or if you wonder, if he is real. The story is equally inspiring. Allow yourself to be lead into deeper truths about his kingdom... - you will not be disappointed. For he loves you and you are never alone. Amen
on January 14, 2017
I was apprehensive, definitely not looking to be proselytized. Not great literature, but I liked it more than I expected.
on December 9, 2016
I started out looking this over and read that the character talked to animals. I thought might wind up being strange, but then remembered other famous works employing this plot device. I saw the dedication scripture of the book of Jeremiah, so I decided to try it out. Keep in mind, I am thinking if it gets weird I intend to bail. The bailout moment never happened. This resembled somewhat a combination of "The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe," and "Little Pilgrim's Progress."

The beginning of the book kind of reminded me of "The Wizard of Oz" in the way that the young girl Shale enters a door into the seventh dimension. The ending reminded me of another famous ending, but I won't spoil it. The middle was filled with more scripture, more analogies, and more appearances of Jesus as the King, carpenter, itinerant preacher, miracle worker, and fisherman. Most of the books I read have quite a few errors in them. I found none in this book. That says a lot, for I am an author and editor.

The only thing I had against this was Shale naming her diary "Dog," saying dog is God spelled backward, which is just a play on words and drivel with no spiritual meaning. If this were removed or modified, i would have easily given this fgive stars.
on October 20, 2016
I love fantasy books but I don't like creepy books. This book definitely fits in the fantasy genre buy isn't creepy at all. She puts real people in fantasy situations and blends them perfectly. I know it is written for young adults and I haven't been in that age group for a while but I enjoyed every page. I had a difficult time sitting it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone at any age.
on October 19, 2016
This book is well written and the author has put a lot of care and love into presenting the story line in the novel. But it is not a my cup of tea. I give it three stars for the author's talents and imagination, but can't give it more than that because I believe there is way too much focus these days on certain topics for children and youth. This is not one I would encourage my teens to read, nor is it one that I would have in my home library.

It seems way too many teen novels, or YA books these days include abusive situations, rather than uplifting story lines. Would prefer more novels with a powerful message and less of the world's woes.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse