Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom: A Book of Tarot Paperback – September 1, 2007
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
`Rachel Pollack's Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom is on my `Top Ten' list of all time Tarot greats! You can't do better than this for discovering how Tarot symbols offer insights into the meaning of daily events and guidance through life's quandaries. This classic book will never outgrow its usefullness.' Mary K. Greer bestselling author of Tarot For Yourself: A Workbook For Personal Transformation and Women of the Golden Dawn --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Rachel Pollack is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on the modern interpretation of the tarot. She is a member of the American Tarot Association, the International Tarot Society, and the Tarot Guild of Australia, and has taught at the famed Omega Institute for the past 15 years. She is an award-winning fiction writer and has also written 12 books on the tarot. She lives in New York.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What this book does well is bring to light a fascinating array of connections and valid ideas about Tarot in general, and specifically suit by suit, card by card. Rather than tell you what interpretation is "right," 78 Degrees presents what most occultists have considered correct--in addition to the intuition they tapped for each individual reading. Pollack recognizes that Tarot is a living, evolving occult practice which requires an intelligent system of meaning as well as an intuitive, experienced reader.
BUY IT. Definitely worth it.
A few books you'll probably enjoy if you study Tarot:
1) The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings (by Brigit Esselmont) [***It's an e-book written by a Tarot expert in Australia. Search for Biddy Tarot and you'll get to a site full of free info on Tarot, plus links to her books. Pretty amazing. One of my top three favorite books on interpretations so far. Down to earth, in-depth, and accurate.]
2) The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals (by Mary K. Greer)
3) Who Are You in the Tarot?: Discover Your Birth and Year Cards and Uncover Your Destiny (by Mary K. Greer)
4) Modern Magick: Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts (Donald Michael Kraig)
5) Tarot & Magic (Donald Michael Kraig)
6) The New Encyclopedia of the Occult (John Michael Greer)
7) Mystery Teachings from the Living Earth (John Michael Greer)
Happy reading! :)