Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seventy-nine Short Essays on Design
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 8, 2016
Not much to add to other reviewer's comments, but I will say that this was a solid read and would be great for those who are seeking a book they can pick up, read a bit, and then put back down again.
on December 30, 2015
Disappointed this isnt an audible book! Its a perfect Audible!
on September 5, 2015
Some very interesting essays. I've started looking up various things that the author mentions ... the YesMen and The Long Telegram, for example
on April 24, 2015
One of the best things about this book is that each page is in a different font so the book becomes a nice resource of text font samples. Nice design. Of course the essays are interesting!
on September 30, 2014
I hate to read, however I had a hard time putting this book down. It's one of the few books I've read front to back since finishing high school 34 years ago. That says allot.
on September 11, 2014
I'm not a creative person or knowledgeable of graphic design. To be fair to the author, this is like critiquing a book on physics without a knowledge of science. I saw Michael Bierut in a film about the Helvetica typeface and was struck by his brilliance and expressiveness, so I bought this. He is, but I was disappointed that he couldn't fully reach me. My motivation couldn't overcome my ignorance. The book sorely needs photos of the designs he praises and criticizes. The essays are bite size and held my interest. If he were to target beginners, it would be spectacular. For those in the field, this is a great purchase. For those not, check out this book at the Flagstaff library where I'm donating it.
on August 9, 2014
on May 28, 2014
Short, easily digested essays from one of the smartest designers working today. Great for a quick read during commute or on the can.
on April 19, 2013
I bought this on a whim as a Kindle bargain. It turned out to be an interesting book. It was worth the purchase for his Arnold Newman story alone.
on February 1, 2013
Great book for designers with short attention span. Besides from being a great designer, Bierut is a great column writer.