Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 4, 2011
This has been a great little kayak and I really put it through it's paces last fall on a 5 hour river trip. It holds lots of supplies for a day trip, seems to have no issues maintaining inflation and the supplied spray skirt did a decent job of keeping me dry. Are there better boats out there in the inflatable kayak market, yes. However, if your interested in trying this out without investing too much money, this is the way to go. The boat tracks well and is pretty easy to paddle but obviously it doesn't slice through the water quite as well as a hard shell or the more expensive inflatables. I gave the boat 5 stars just because it's a lot of fun for the money.

On other sites I've seen complaints about the internal tubes being out of place and causing the boat to sit unevenly in the water. This is relatively easy to fix by finessing the tubes as you inflate the boat. If it still has issues, you can open the zipper ports where the internal tubes are lashed to the boats exterior and make some small adjustments although the manufacturer doesn't recommend doing this. Also, the instructions are not clear about the fact that the black strip of plastic included with the boat needs to be inserted into two pockets in the front to lift the deck off of the seating area. A search for the previous K1 version of this boats instructions also can show you what this means. The top deck and spray skirt are not completely water proof but I intend to improve that with an application of water proofing spray like the kind you would use for camping equipment. Finally, some people complained that it takes a long time to dry out. Well, if you leave it folded up or deflated, sure it will take forever to dry. I re-inflate the boat when I get home from trips an leave it leaning against the wall in my garage. This allows it to dry and less than a day.
22 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2012
I certainly can't fault the design of this kayak. The rigid panels and spray skirt make it a good design for cutting through choppy water, while the long rubber skeg helps wtih tracking, making it particularly good with wake-surfing. However, the quality control is far from adequate, and after only a half-dozen uses, the inside seams for the side bladders are already separating, one side nearly completely. On top of that, they make warranty support more difficult than it needs to be, and the shipping costs make it hard to justify even bothering with the process.
on July 8, 2012
I have some kayak experience - have been in rivers lakes and the ocean. I live off of Raritan Bay in NJ and wanted something that I could take out on the weekends. I opted for an inflatable because I have a shortage on storage space and I wanted something that I could take on an occasional river trip as well.

For the price this is a great boat. I have taken it out in the bay several times with out issue. It seems to be very sturdy. The cargo space is perfect and even fits a large hand pump, the carry case since I have a bit of a hike to the waterfront, and the skirt just in case.

My only issue with this kayak is the lack of instructions. The first time I inflated it, it was lopsided. I had to deflate, unzip various parts, push, pull, inflate, re-deflate, adjust some more... really had no idea what I was doing. It took me at least 30 minutes to get it to sit right.
Then there was a random plastic piece. I had no idea what that was for. I eventually found a YT video that explained it: [...]

Tips:

Re-inflate when you get home so that all the nooks and crannies can dry.

Take the cardboard picture out of the carry case before you use it, once it gets wet it just crumbles and makes the case look like trash.

You will need a pump that has different tips - there are two different size valves on this boat. I got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J2Q0IA/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00
33 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 12, 2011
This is an absolutely terrific beginner kayak! Both of my children, 10 and 7 were able to maneuver fairly easy. My hub and I liked it because it's relaxing and it allows you to put your feet inside or outside while rowing. It's also difficult to tip. We used it on a private lake which allowed my friend on his speed boat to swamp my 10 year old daughter. She was not scared of tipping at all. I give it four stars because of the directions: They should show a full design of the kayak, including designation of blow-up holes and the holes for emptying water. Other than that, we purchased a second one for our seven year old son.
on April 22, 2017
This review is long overdue. I loved this kayak the first 3 times I used it. By the 4th time, the inflatable bladder started leaking air and by the 5th time it wouldn't hold air long enough to use. Not very durable. I regret this very expensive purchase. Not recommended.
on December 13, 2013
It turned out way too heavy to take many places, and the worst part is it buckles. I don't know how the company every inflated it so stiff like it is in the picture. I took it out a couple times and it bent so bad where you sit that I practically got enemies on each outing. This eliminates the possibility of kayaking in cooler weather. Trying to decide whether to give it away or let it take up room.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 30, 2012
Kayak looks very stylists and is light weight but inside bladder came with a hole on the seem-line and is impossible to fix. Now i have to mail it back for a refund, i think I'm going to just spend the extra money for a plastic kayak. Also it came with patches and the instruction stated to peel the back and stick but they were just pieces of plastic with no adhesion.
on December 5, 2012
Used once and one internal baffle seam came apart. Fill value on one side didn't line up with canvas cover. Total waste of money. Didn't use for a couple of months after purchased or I would of returned it at once.
on July 2, 2013
I've used it a calm lake and it is great!
Easy to set.
Not hard to keep the direction.
Product quality is good.
on July 24, 2014
It's too small, (good for kids and very small people and the valvles are very poor quality !
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.