- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; Original edition (February 3, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312383835
- ISBN-13: 978-0312383831
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 0.4 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,025,938 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #702 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Applique
- #1298 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Embroidery
- #3420 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Sewing
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sew Darn Cute: 30 Sweet & Simple Projects to Sew & Embellish Paperback – February 3, 2009
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I could see this book as a way to get a younger person involved in learning sewing, as the projects are cute, and the simple skills they teach could easily be used to create something that harmonizes with personal taste. The author herself offers a few suggestions for variations on the projects.
On a personal note, as an embroiderer, I do cringe that the author suggests cutting up vintage embroidery to make some of the projects. It cost her a star...Because, while it may not bother her (or you), to me it is like cutting up the Mona Lisa! When I look at the book, I just have to tell myself that the other parts of the pieces she cut up were burned in a fire and that she was saving the good...not destroying the whole. ...But if you are not a whackadoo like me, you will probably not have a problem with this practice.