For too long, Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) had been looking for love in all the wrong places…but in all the right shoes. In this much anticipated movie event, Carrie, Samantha (Kim Cattrall), Charlotte (Kristin Davis) and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) are back, four years after the hit TV series ended. As they continue to juggle career, relationships, motherhood and life in Manhattan, the girls realize that more than ever, true friendship never goes out of style.]]>
Sex and the City: The Movie [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I'm not going to give a play-by-play of the film because I don't want to spoil the plot for everyone. Obviously, the movie picks up several years after the TV series left off. I understand why some critics are having a field day with this film. Yes, there are a few hokey moments in the movie, and there are some issues with the plot. Personally, even I got a bit irritated with Carrie during the movie. Exactly how much crap from Mr. Big is she willing to put up with in her lifetime?! However, all that aside, I am not writing this review from the point of view of a critic. I'm writing it as a die-hard "Sex and the City" fan. And the bottom line is, it was so great to see Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte together again that I'm willing to forgive all the little things that were wrong with the film. This movie made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me remember why "Sex and the City" is one of my favorite television shows of all time. Plus, it had a happy ending for everyone, which is exactly what we want for all of the girls.
Fans of the HBO series will adore this movie, which is a wonderful tribute to friendships, fashion, and love. Based on those attributes, "Sex and the City: The Movie" is a five-star film all the way.
Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) has reconciled with Big (Chris Noth) and the two are apartment hunting in Manhattan.
Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) is still married to Steve (David Eigenberg) but having problems balancing the responsibilities of home, family, work and social life.
Charlotte (Kristin Davis) is happily married to Harry (Evan Handler) and the couple have adopted a daughter named Lily.
Samantha (Kim Cattrall) is living with Smith (Jason Lewis) in LA, commuting to New York for important social events.
So now you're up to date, here we go with the Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Carrie and Big make an important decision based on legal rights over property
2. Miranda makes an important decision based on Steve's actions
3. Charlotte has big news, but is afraid that something may happen to ruin everything
4. Samantha is restless, and not getting any younger
5. In vogue wedding ends up in Vogue magazine, but the honeymoon isn't exactly what the bride had in mind.
6. Carrie hires an assistant, Louise from St. Louis (Jennifer Hudson), an efficient young woman with great taste in brand names and shoes, who still believes in love.
7. The tides of life wax and wane and wax again in thoroughly entertaining fashion
8. All join in wishing Samantha another 50 years!!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The movie picks up where the series ended. You will love this movie!!! Entertaing, hilarious, and at times tearful. Well done!!Published 2 days ago by Linda
If you enjoyed the series, then the movie ties it up perfectlyPublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
I found the into of how they met each other to be interesting. I loved the rest of the movie too.Published 7 days ago by HipChick
Sex and the City was my favorite show plus it was nice to see the story lines complete.Published 9 days ago by Renee Price
Its basically the 7th season fans wanted after the series ended. Even after all this time its still a wonderful fun Romantic Comedy that pulls at your heart strings and makes you... Read morePublished 10 days ago by D
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy