Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 635 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 812 reviews
on December 6, 2016
Fantastic read. A book that everyone should try. It may offend your sensibilities, but the authors make very sound arguments for their point of view about the history of human sexuality.
on June 22, 2017
This was literally the best book I have read in a long time. I am an avid reader and read mostly horror (mostly Stephen King) and came across this book to use as research for a college paper. I figured I would skim through it and read the parts I needed, but I found that I couldn't put the book down. I laughed, I got teary eyed, I tilted my head in consideration and loved the book cover to cover. It's an amazing look at sexuality, relationships, history and makes me really think hard about the path we feel forced to follow when it comes to relationships.
After I finish my current book I wouldn't be surprised if I pull this book out again and go for the journey all over again.
GREAT READ!
on June 4, 2017
Do you suspect we're doing things wrong, sexually speaking? Why so much polemic and vitriol about how we lead our sexual lives? Why so much hate toward those who have different ways of living their sexual lives?
Get answers for these questions and much more, here in Sex at Dawn.
I liked it so much that I've given it as a gift.
It gets a little over-talky and cute sometimes, but overall it rates five stars.
on June 10, 2017
It is s a detailed look at how human sexuality has evolved from pre-history through today. It gives a great insight and comparison, but you should read it with an open mind, as it discusses both concepts of evolution, and religious beliefs, and I know many people can't seem to find a way to reconcile the two.

I would say it does a good job of explaining why Humans are rarely ever successful at Monogamous relationships, and well worth the read for any open minded people looking for insight into the opposite sex.
on January 24, 2017
Packed with facts and anecdotes, this book explains a lot. How we feel is largely a product of evolution and getting some of the context of that evolution separate from social strictures is illuminating.
on June 5, 2017
Fascinating read that challenges the "standard narrative" of human social lives, especially as it pertains to sex, and argues that we were probably a much more peaceful species in our prehistory than we are today. Everyone could probably get something out of this book. I read this 5 months ago but I continuously find myself thinking back on the ideas it presented in my day-to-day life. More than any other book I've read in recent years, it made me really think and re-examine long-held views.
on January 15, 2014
The others shock by claiming the current difficulties we face in our family and sex lifes are determined by our evolution. They present an ancient human that is not following the monogamy dogma of today. The promiscuity of the ancient human is the key of today's trouble.
Very interesting theory, shocking explanatory, backed by facts and solid arguments. Very good to read, not so good to discuss with your pastor.
on October 22, 2013
I was gripped right away by the amazing story telling, clear arguments and intellectual/research-based style of writing.
However I was disappointed that 30-50% through the book, it seemed to get a bit too academic, and the author seemed to just repeat his key points in different ways.

Still worth the read, but you may find yourself bored, skimming or skipping ahead by the second half.
on October 14, 2016
great read, makes you look at life from a 'what if' prospective
on July 27, 2017
This is probably the most liberating book ever written, both for women and men. The core of it is a very powerful hypothesis: all humans are polyamory by nature as many direct and indirect evidences of evolutionary biology and other ares suggest. Monogamous relationship, suppression of women by men are a product of the post-agricultural societies, reinforced by tradition and most major religions.
It is well written and funny but it also leaves an open ended question...now what? How can we align with our true nature within the current context of societies?