- File Size: 305 KB
- Print Length: 81 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Silvia Violet Books (December 31, 2015)
- Publication Date: December 31, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B019EQ6SSS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #321,047 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Sex on the Hoof (Law and Supernatural Order Book 1) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Stranger in the House" by Shari Lapena
In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A thriller packed full of secrets and a twisty story that never stops - from the bestselling author of "The Couple Next Door." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Shifters and vampires are known and part of society, even if regular humans are very wary of them. Society has broken down into moderate lawlessness, and everyone’s on edge. The mistrust is so thick that a vampire detective isn’t allowed to work vampire cases. His specialized knowledge, skills and understandings won’t pass for evidence in court, and the alternative may be vigilantism, so he has to just back off. Except—he can’t, especially on this case.
There’s an awful lot of sex, which is definitely of the alpha vs alpha hot variety. Jason’s a major force in his kind, even if he’s aware he’s not a physical match for a vampire. It’s a source of friction between them, because Jason’s not used to being protected or deflected. Drew should be pleased Jason’s one bad-ass herbivore.
The very pace of the read made me over run the actual resolution of the Big Bad issue twice, or it might be that sudden stop for talk annoyed me into forgetting it, because I had to read the section three times to make it stick. It’s all rather overshadowed by their need to get back to bed. Which makes this book perfect for someone who likes plot as seasoning rather than meat. Sex on the Hoof describes it well.
It’s fun, and hot, and tasty mind candy.
Drew has never been so drawn to a person in his life, like he is to Jason. He needs to be able to trust him with some secret testing for work. But also he wants to take him and never let him go. He wants to have him in all ways .
This is a new look at a vampire story. Drew is not a goody goody, or a really bad guy. He is just a guy who happens to be dealing with the side effects that come with being a vampire. He has to fight the thirst for blood, and think like a cop. Then you have Jason, who has done things that were wrong but for the right reasons. He learned from his mistakes and is much slower to jump in to trouble these days. The complete sexual heat that comes across between these two is amazing.
Drew is a detective who had been changed against his will by an ancient vampire. He had intended to use Drew to his purposes. Something Drew had managed to avoid. Jason is a deer shifter with a bit rugged past who is now working as crime lab technician.
There is lust simmering between those two men from their first meeting. It's even before a lust demon is thrown into the mix.
And the plot!? - read it yourself.
Most recent customer reviews
While I’m not unfamiliar with books featuring a vampire/shifter pairing, I’m always excited to see something other than a...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Vampires
- Books > Romance > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy