Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 83 reviews
on March 21, 2016
Must to have in your library, like the book Outliving your Ovaries. I wished I had had this book in my 20's for I learned more about my body then I already knew. I recommend it for every young woman, not just for women in menopause. I am on the Wiley Protocol now and am liking it sofar and way better then the hormone shots I had taken for 2 years that were so so, but after reading this book and seeing why shots don't really work, I can tell the difference. The latter part of this book is all about the notes of the research, so if your are an MD, you have great reference as well. But it is an easy read that doesn't go over your head if you are not in the medical field, and although I am, I loved the way it was written. It gives you info on all the research about bio and non bio identical hormones and the pro's and con's and very clearly for that matter. I believe every woman should have this book, whether she wants to do the Wiley Protocol or not, the info alone will give you a much better understanding what is going on in your body and how your cycles and beautiful body works.
on May 23, 2015
Wiley has a compelling argument. I think that her premises are correct, but that her conclusion isn't quite there in regard to what dose of therapy actually works. This is also a tedius book to get through. Although it is chock full of information it is painfully repetitive. I like the book but believe it could have been about half the pages if she didn't continuously, monotonously repeat herself.
on November 17, 2012
Wiley and co-authors research was so far ahead of our times in 2001 but thank goodness the natural plant hormones are available for us today! Look further into this factual, yet amusing study, with a tremendous reference section and discover that artery blockage is caused by SUGAR after all these years of cholesterol lowering pills which affects our liver and many other facts relating to birth control pills and cancer. All women, neutered or not, will greatly benefit from reading this book and running to their nearest compounding pharmacy to start this natural hormone replacement. A feeling of well-being and subtle muscle and bone changes will also take place. I no longer have to take pills for arthritis! Thank you Wiley and doctors!
on November 6, 2016
A great read and food for thought although I think many of her ideas are not based on good studies. What we believe often colors what we present.
I do think it is worth reading and it will surely get you thinking. However, if you are going to take this as gospel I would tell you to read original research papers, before believing this is gospel.
on January 18, 2014
I love this book. Its very informative. It reminds me how much our bodies are connected to nature, and so is our health. Modern day living distracts us from our origins.
I would definitely recommend everyone to read this book....men and women. It is truly a book about longevity and living a good quality life.
on May 14, 2014
The facts are dry but necessary to reveal the picture of why so many women are dying at the hands of exclusively Western trained doctors who refuse to wake up to accepting responsibility for how we contribute to the cancer statistics in the US. If women read this book we could potentially bend the statistics in our favor.
on April 26, 2014
A true eye opener. If only I had read this book ten years ago. I could have cried when reading it and realising that there is help out there for women who are struggling with menopause. Shame on the medical establishment for not educating women on their options.
on November 21, 2013
Literally changed my wife's life for the positive. The information about maturing, what to expect, dispelling false information about how women should really age and look after herself. As a Physician, I am impressed with the wealth of information presented.
on March 8, 2016
Saved my life in 2004. Still on the program in 2016. The Wiley Protocol and the plain truth can save women from the prejudices against women practiced, unconsciously or not, by male dominated mainstream medicine and clueless MD's everywhere in America.
on October 8, 2014
This book is amazing. All women need to read this and not be fed the rubbish from the major drug companies about synthesized hormones. Girls take charge and demand a healthy choice in bio identical hormones. You will feel great!