Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 7, 2011
It's true, Suzanne Somers saved my life. Let me begin at the beginning....First, I am 68 years old, no spring chicken but no dray horse ready to be put out to pasture or to sleep, either. On March 22, 2010, I weighed 267 pounds. My life was nearly unbearable: I was taking infusions once a month for rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis, I was using inhalers and nebulizers daily for COPD, my sleep was sporadic at best, and I was stuck like a hamster on a wheel between eating and thinking about eating, eating and thinking about my next food "reward." I believe if my life hadn't changed that day (why that day out of all the days of my life? I have no idea) if my life hadn't changed that day, I was destined to die a slow, miserable death, just as I had been living a slow, miserable life.

March 22 was the day I gave up, the day the worst part of me, the self-destructive part of me, died. It was on that day I began a life-altering change in thinking, nutrition and exercise that has given me life once again, that has brought me to better health than I enjoyed 20 years ago, and has restored my will, my confidence and my gratitude for the wonderful life we have available to us if we choose to live it.

On that day, after talking with Suzanne Somers, I committed to a complete overhaul of the way I lived. I began to take supplements to replace the life-giving and enhancing elements which had been absent from my diet, I stopped eating whatever and whenever I pleased and started eating 5 small meals daily, and I began to walk every day, at least one mile to begin with, as long as it took to complete. I got rid of the starches and carbohydrates that made me fat and sluggish. I shelved potatoes, rice, pasta and bread, all of which I dearly "love." I no longer eat sweets, including the ice cream that I consumed by the half gallon, if I bought it I ate it, and the candy and cookies I craved. And I haven't been deprived. I eat meat, vegetables, salads, berries, and more foods than I can name, and I don't spend afternoons and evenings partially asleep as my body struggles to digest the burden placed upon it as by those former meals eaten in a former time.

From a mile per day with three to four stops for pain and shortness of breath, I have increased my exercise to more than three miles per day, recently completing a 10 kilometer walk, 6.2 miles, at an average speed of four miles per hour, without stopping once. I am no longer receiving infusions, nor do I require a nebulizer or inhalers. My doctors are thrilled; they ask me what my secret is. I tell them: Suzanne Somers.

In short, I have reborn as the result of my efforts in implementing the suggestions so graciously and generously offered to me by Suzanne, the same general plan presented in Sexy Forever. What is that change worth to me? Beyond measurement in dollars and cents. I hit the lottery. And, if you're willing to make a commitment to your life and better health, you can, too.

Oh, by the way, on my birthday in November, I weighed 186 pounds. Down 81 pounds in 8 months. And I maintain that weight today. My commitment is firm.

If you're trying to decide whether to buy this book, buy it. It just might save your life.
1818 comments| 586 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 22, 2016
Opened up a whole new world to me. Thought Suzanne Somers was just an actress - no way - she interviews cutting edge Dr's and the book is the interviews. My life has done a turn around because of Suzanne Somers. I applaud her efforts and what she has done to help us live healthier, longer lives
on December 10, 2017
So I read this and I agree with the other review that it is redundant, it does have valuable info and some of this was new to me. I already live a very healthy lifestyle but this book motivated me to use toxic free cleaning products and toxic free beauty products. I am not convince that I will lose weight because of this but I do think it is better for my health at not much of an added cost. I think she tries to sell her products and her doctors way too much, I did not buy the book to buy more stuff from her. I am undecided if I would purchase another book of hers. I do like that she discusses HRT which seems to be a topic no one likes to talk about.
on April 18, 2012
SS has a way of always sharing things... & she's a woman of great integrity which makes this book even better as it digs into the real life changes we need to make to get what we want out of life for ourselves... I've read all her books so don't think this one is redundent as others have said, its FULL of info. you will need and great references in the back of the book... She's also overcome all obsticles be it price point, location to get what you need, options, contacts, so she's done all the legwork for you... Enjoy ..
on May 10, 2017
The diet is much easier to make it a life-style than her previous diet. Definitely I can do this diet with its modifications.
on November 25, 2016
Fantastic and clearly explained regimen. Great insight on how our bodies change as we mature with strategies on how to manage associated issues.
on September 19, 2017
Inspirational reads from Suzanne Somers.
on July 22, 2017
Love it!
on August 16, 2013
I enjoy all of Suzanne Somers' books ......they are always very informative and helpful. Just look at her and her husband...they are getting it right..they look wonderful!!

I was particularly interested in this one because I have gained 8 lbs the past year and am working to get it off. I am well over 40 and must fight the fat!! Thank you Suzanne for caring enough to share the knowledge and wisdom you have gained over the years....you didn't have to!!!
on October 22, 2017