Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby's First Year Paperback – June 4, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rebecca Woolf, author of Rockabye: From Wild to Child
"Humorous revelations offer insight into a natural process that can and often does completely overwhelm the mother. . . An amusing and accurate examination of life with an infant.”
"Babies are wonderfulwe all agree. Can we also acknowledge that bringing home that first bundle of joy is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do? Dawn Dais bravely goes where other baby books don’t in her wisecracking new release called The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby’s First Year. She spills the truth about everything from breastfeeding to getting along with your partner post-baby. Pregnant women who want an honest peek inside what’s to come will be convinced to nap while they still can, and moms with kids will laugh out loud at Dais’s quirky insights and strong opinions."
"Dais and her team of MOFLs (moms on the front lines) guide parents (moms, especially) through the first 52 weeks of your child’s life with honesty, clarity, humor, complaints and encouragement on a myriad of important subjects from breastfeeding, endless crying and vaccinating to relationship problems, loss of freedom and inaccurate Facebook statuses (OMG, I love my life!”)."
"From poop to post-partum depression, she presents a no-holds-barred look at all of the changes and challenges that new moms and dads can face, along with the three little words every infant-toting parent wants to hear: It gets better."
from the book
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
But had I been able to formulate cohesive thoughts during those first few months, let alone process complex sentences, I could have really benefited from this book, with such reassuring chapters as:
* "Breastfeeding is F'n Hard" (it really is);
* "No One is Loving This as Much as Their Facebook Posts Would Have You Believe" (soooo true...if you don't believe me, go back and look at your own Facebook posts from when your child was first born--if your child was born after 2007 of course--and notice the lack of posts that say "that little @#!$ woke me up every 30 minutes for no good reason and I'm starting to suspect it's some sort of personal infant vendetta");
* "Your Newborn is Not Cute" (screw this, mine was adorable! ...sort of);
* "Who Needs a Health Plan When You Have the Internet?" (the internet is hella dangerous to new parents--just ask the very nice nurses at my local emergency room when I brought in my five-week-old because when I took her temperature I thought it was half a degree higher than the other eight times I had taken it that day, and is it possible that she has malaria or scarlet fever or something?); and
* "It Does Not Go By 'Soooo Fast'" (especially those first three or four months...those are like the longest night that never ends...I mean awesome, but also awful...Read more ›
the only good thing is the early chapter on hospital - it tells you what to expect at hospital, what they will let you take home, and what you should keep an eye out for/look for.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We've are expecting our first and we've been reading things left and right just as we trust that other expecting parents are doing, and as you can imagine, the majority of... Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Curt & Lindsay Lewis
I bought this as a baby shower gift after reading the other reviews and talking to new moms. This book provides and realistic (and humorous) look at life with a new baby. Read morePublished 3 days ago by L. Ferron
Let me start off by saying that I am an avid Amazon purchaser yet I barely write reviews for anything. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Suzy
Very good for expecting mother. Present the reality very well but without recomendation.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
This was occasionally funny but truly not really informativePublished 11 days ago by Rachel W. Pollock
I tried this book as a free sample while pregnant and found it extremely negative and depressing. My pregnant brain couldn't take in the advice/point the author was making without... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Amanda Amescua
Gave this to my wife that is expecting for Mother's Day...She totally appreciated hearing in vivid detail what we are in for.Published 19 days ago by 2ndRyke
Funny and kinda scarey informative book highlightin so many of the true things that is going to happen once my baby arrives. It sound slike it is not going to be roses and candy!! Read morePublished 19 days ago by JoH90