Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 30, 2015
This book is hilarious! This book had both me and my hubby cracking up. It's not meant to be taken so seriously, but it just makes you feel a little better about parenting because you can relate to some of the scenarios which is quite refreshing!

If you're looking for a book that seriously addresses parenting issues, this book isn't for you. But if you're looking for a laugh buy this book and enjoy it. The chapters are short and dirty reads which is even more of a bonus, because who has lots of time to read with a baby right?!
7 people found this helpful
on June 14, 2017
A must read for every mom. When I read this book I don't feel like such a failure as a mother. Some days are really hard and this book makes me smile!
review image
3 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2016
If you can't answer 'yes' to at least one of the questions in the Sh*tty Mom quiz then I suggest you put this book down and walk away. It takes time to get a little perspective on the whole parenting thing so don't despair, in another year or two, or after another child or two, you will be ready to enjoy the irreverent advice and humour found in this tongue in cheek guide to motherhood. Sh*tty Mom: The Guide for Good Enough Moms has a structure similar to the early parenting guides you read so intently while you were pregnant but with chapter headings such as "How To Hand Off the Newborn Who just Filled a Diaper" and "Stop Looking for a Great Babysitter and Settle for One who Shows Up", it lacks the traditional wise and scientifically proven judgements passed down from pediatricians whose own children were raised by their (bilingual) nannies. Essentially this is a stand up comedy show script with lines written strictly for audience reaction. I couldn't help but snigger here and there and even laughed loud enough for my husband to ask 'what was so funny?' on occasion. There were scenes that went a little far, even for my relaxed mothering style, but I am sure a redneck somewhere thought they were hilarious. Even though there is little in this book in the way of serious, or even legal, advice there is a kernel of wisdom buried under the snarky wit and carefree attitude of Sh*tty Mom. Parenting is, at times, exhausting, thankless, and insanely competitive. Sometimes "good enough" is the best you can do, and that's OK
12 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2018
fantastic read, great mother's day gift for any mom in your life. funny, but also addressing some real issues moms come across as well with wit and profanity. loved it so much, i sent one to a friend before i had even finished reading it.
on June 5, 2017
Great quick read. Every first time mom needs to read this book about 1-2 weeks into motherhood and re-read parts every time you doubt your parenting skills or feel like you're the only one failing at it all. BUY THIS NOW. Also a great gift.
on June 14, 2017
I bought this for my wife but ended up reading it myself. Very funny and real and relatable. Recommend.
on May 16, 2017
Funny book, I bought this for my wife, and read a few chapters, its pretty funny overall, lost of real world humor.
on December 20, 2017
If you need to be validated as a parent, here you go.
I needed it.
on March 2, 2018
This book is insanely hilarious. I had been wanting to buy it for some time now, and finally brought myself to do it. It's sarcastic and full of "real life" scenarios. Perfect gift for a baby shower. I read the whole book in one day because I couldn't get enough. I found myself actually laughing out loud as well.
on January 19, 2017
Read the samples to get a clear idea of how funny and, oddly enough, helpful this book is to anyone struggling to raise kids. It's the manual that was missing when my kids were little, but it's here now to help them out with their own.