Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on September 12, 2015
I was really sad when I thought my bucks were at the end of their road because I had always heard that suede couldn't be cleaned. With this brush and a little elbow grease my bucks are looking great again! Not out of the box new, but I'd say 85 percent which is fine by me. I didn't use any water or cleaner, I just kept wiping the brush off on my jeans to keep the brush clean, then hit the shoe again with a clean surface. Even brightened the leather up a bit.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon October 31, 2016
I really never liked suede because it's tough to keep clean and tends to stain easily. A year ago, I won a voucher for several pairs of suede boots and shoes and, well, I like suede now. Ha. But the first thing I did when I got the new footwear was buy this brush and Scotchgard Suede and Nubuck Protector. I like to keep my shoes and boots looking good and, after using the spray on them all, I only have used this little brush to keep them in top shape.

The brush was much smaller than I anticipated but that turned out to be a good thing. It gets into small crevices and areas that a larger brush never could. It has four different surfaces to use on different parts of the suede. It can be used on the harder side to brush out smudges and marks or on the softer side to liven up the suede and keep it looking and feeling soft. I have a couple of suede jackets that I didn't wear much because, again, I wasn't a big fan of the upkeep. But this brush does a good job on them as well. It definitely makes worn suede look newer and fresher and it gets out small scratches, smudges, and dirt. I think this brush alone can extend the life of suede and nubuck shoes, jackets, bags, or whatever for quite a while. I bought this brush exactly one year ago today and have been using it for many different things. Now that the cool weather is here, I have begun to get my suede and nubuck boots out of storage and I will be giving them all a good brushing with this Shacke Suede & Nubuck brush to get them ready to wear. It's inexpensive yet it does a fine job renovating older suede and nubuck and keeping new items looking their best.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on December 30, 2017
Winter in Michigan is tough on suede /faux suede shoes! All the salt leaves marks on them. I mostly wear black faux suede and cleaning them is a pain. I was just using a nail scrubber for awhile but the bristles are pretty soft. An actual suede brush has tougher bristles and will get all that salt out easier

It was still pretty hard getting the lines out but I'd left them for awhile and I suppose keeping up on brushing will make it easier in the long run. These are shoes I wear almost every day so it's worth the extra few minutes. I actually didn't realize how dirty my shoes were until I started brushing them! I could see the dust flying off and they look darker black again! For the salt lines I had to use the little nubbies on the other side of the brush to break it up and I scratched a bit at it with my nail and wiped it away.

I'd been thinking about getting new shoes since these are about a year old and they were looking rough but I'll be keeping them around now
on November 12, 2017
I have a suede English Country Gentlemen's waistcoat made of a very fine-grained suede that I bought to a local cleaner. When I got it back there were two large, shiny patches or spots that looked more like leather than suede. At first, I thought the waistcoat was ruined. Then, I saw the Shacke suede brush on the internet, and ordered it. When I received it, I immediately tried to restore the nap. It didn't work. It wasn't the fault of the Shacke Brush (That's how bad the damage was) I had to use a stainless steel brush I found at a hardware store. That helped. But the finish was very rough. Then I used the Shacke Brush. It took some time, using both the rubber nub side, then the brush side. Working patiently with the Shacke Suede Brush, I was able to the restore the finish. I can no longer see the large, ugly patches. They blend in perfectly with the rest of the nap, and are very smooth. This brush is perfect to use on a regular basis to keep suede looking fresh and soft.
on May 9, 2017
I have some Marc fisher over the knee boots & cute Clark booties that I really need to clean. I've been a bit nervous about what product and/or brush to use to clean these suede babies without damaging them. Searched Amazon and ordered this brush based off the many great reviews, and I'm glad I did. I'm so grateful the back of the package has a description explaining what each side of the brush is intended for because I would be slapping the rubber sides in areas scratching my head wondering why my shoes aren't looking all spiffy like other reviewers who've seemed to have it down. Anywho, I've done one bootie thus far, & I must say I'm quite proud of myself and this little brush for the cleaning I was able to accomplish. My bootie looks great ;) Shout out to Shacke, thanks!
on November 21, 2017
The brush seems to effectively extract debris from suede footwear. Since the bristly side is very stiff, most stains are scrubbed off without violent strokes. However, I dislike the rubberized portion because it is too pliable and slides too easily and detaches from the handle. Aside from this obvious defect, I am generally satisfied with this small brush because it actually removed carbon/oil residue from my boots.
on July 29, 2017
This brush really works well with suede. I had a dark dirty spot on my red suede sneakers which I used a spray before I bought this and made the spot look worse. The spot is still there but this brush improved and somewhat hidden the spot.

I will never ever use suede cleaning spray on suede ever again, just this brush and will buy more for different color suede so I don't have to was the brush and wait for it to dry all the time.
review image
on August 24, 2017
Does the job! We have suede chairs which are constantly getting stained by something. They are tough to keep clean. Depending upon what is on them, wine or cheese or oil, I use a weak hydrogen peroxide mix with a drop of dawn in water. (we entertain a lot, so they get well used)
Apply it with a toothpick or cotton swab. Immediately wipe it out. I have used 400 grit sandpaper for stubborn ones.
This brush eliminates many of these steps for small stains, and raises the nap so the chair looks great.
I love how the chairs look, but wish there was some kind of protectant to reduce staining....

This product has saved me time already.
on April 3, 2015
Ok so I bought this brush a while ago and never got the chance to use until today when I decided to clean my suede sneakers with this brush since I had worn them out on a rainy/muddy day and the needed a thorough cleaning. I must say at first I was a bit skeptical about the white cleaning sides because in the picture you would think that they are hard plastic and what good would that do, but its actually soft and the sides of the souls of my sneakers and between the suede and the souls they helped a lot in cleaning all the dirt out. The brush itself is very soft also but firm, and cleans effortlessly without making you feel like you might damage the suede by being too rough with it. I do think this is the best brush out there for this purpose and its a small compact thing that is a must have if you own suede shoes like I do. Best of all at this price, I dont know what else you would get. The service provided was also amazing.

All in all a great product and a great experience. Wont even look at any other brushes in the future if I lose mine and would recommend this to everyone, in fact I already have :)
on May 30, 2017
I purchased some new black suede shoes but when they arrived the tops seemed somewhat dusty & nothing seemed to completely brush off those tops until this multi-purpose brush arrived. The brush worked nicely & I can now wear those smart looking black suede shoes. Incidentally, I quite like the various cleaning areas of the brush which addresses heavier scuff marks, stains, rounded corners, crevices & grooves. And perhaps best of all, it is washable in soap & water as needed. Am very pleased with this brush!