Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on September 12, 2015
I was really sad when I thought my bucks were at the end of their road because I had always heard that suede couldn't be cleaned. With this brush and a little elbow grease my bucks are looking great again! Not out of the box new, but I'd say 85 percent which is fine by me. I didn't use any water or cleaner, I just kept wiping the brush off on my jeans to keep the brush clean, then hit the shoe again with a clean surface. Even brightened the leather up a bit.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2017
Winter in Michigan is tough on suede /faux suede shoes! All the salt leaves marks on them. I mostly wear black faux suede and cleaning them is a pain. I was just using a nail scrubber for awhile but the bristles are pretty soft. An actual suede brush has tougher bristles and will get all that salt out easier

It was still pretty hard getting the lines out but I'd left them for awhile and I suppose keeping up on brushing will make it easier in the long run. These are shoes I wear almost every day so it's worth the extra few minutes. I actually didn't realize how dirty my shoes were until I started brushing them! I could see the dust flying off and they look darker black again! For the salt lines I had to use the little nubbies on the other side of the brush to break it up and I scratched a bit at it with my nail and wiped it away.

I'd been thinking about getting new shoes since these are about a year old and they were looking rough but I'll be keeping them around now
on November 21, 2017
The brush seems to effectively extract debris from suede footwear. Since the bristly side is very stiff, most stains are scrubbed off without violent strokes. However, I dislike the rubberized portion because it is too pliable and slides too easily and detaches from the handle. Aside from this obvious defect, I am generally satisfied with this small brush because it actually removed carbon/oil residue from my boots.
on August 24, 2017
Does the job! We have suede chairs which are constantly getting stained by something. They are tough to keep clean. Depending upon what is on them, wine or cheese or oil, I use a weak hydrogen peroxide mix with a drop of dawn in water. (we entertain a lot, so they get well used)
Apply it with a toothpick or cotton swab. Immediately wipe it out. I have used 400 grit sandpaper for stubborn ones.
This brush eliminates many of these steps for small stains, and raises the nap so the chair looks great.
I love how the chairs look, but wish there was some kind of protectant to reduce staining....

This product has saved me time already.
on November 12, 2017
I have a suede English Country Gentlemen's waistcoat made of a very fine-grained suede that I bought to a local cleaner. When I got it back there were two large, shiny patches or spots that looked more like leather than suede. At first, I thought the waistcoat was ruined. Then, I saw the Shacke suede brush on the internet, and ordered it. When I received it, I immediately tried to restore the nap. It didn't work. It wasn't the fault of the Shacke Brush (That's how bad the damage was) I had to use a stainless steel brush I found at a hardware store. That helped. But the finish was very rough. Then I used the Shacke Brush. It took some time, using both the rubber nub side, then the brush side. Working patiently with the Shacke Suede Brush, I was able to the restore the finish. I can no longer see the large, ugly patches. They blend in perfectly with the rest of the nap, and are very smooth. This brush is perfect to use on a regular basis to keep suede looking fresh and soft.
on March 16, 2017
Perfect little tool for my new suede obsessions! I've used it on light and dark suede. The dirt washes off the brush easily after each use. Fast shipping and great customer service too.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 19, 2017
First off, this is a small brush. If you have heavily stained, large items you're not going to want to use this. I purchased this for my suede and nubuck boots, and the brush is the perfect size. I was skeptical about the bristles being too harsh on the leather, but they were more harsh on the stains than anything. The brush won't get deep stains out, but it works well for surface and your typical everyday stains, especially in conjunction with a stain eraser.
on February 10, 2018
Works great! I've been using this brush to clean my Uggs and Campers, as well as my son's Timberlands and have had no issues with damaging the material of the shoes. I would definitely start out with a light hand and work your way up in pressure. I just purchased my mother one for her shoes so that she could experience the greatness of this brush! I also love the thinner parts/brushes on the sides of the brush for the creases and edges in the shoes/boots. All in all, for the price, this is an excellent brush!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 2, 2014
I ordered this brush because I could not find the brass-bristle suede brush I had used for decades. I found that brush after this brush was delivered. This brush is good, but I think my old brush on which ALL the bristles are brass is more effective on suede shoes than this brush, on which only part of the brush appears to be brass. This brush might be better on more delicate suede items such as jackets, where an all-brass brush might be too harsh. If you search Amazon for "brass suede brush" you'll see brushes that might be better for shoes.
on December 1, 2017
I was uncertain what brush to go with, this one or a more expensive one since I have an important project I needed it for as well as for the rest of my suede shoes and coats that need some love every now and then to stay looking their best. I decided to go with this one and I am glad I did. Excellent brush, fit my needs perfectly and is definitely a well made product. I highly recommend this product if you need a suede brush, this one is well made and inexpensive.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.