Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2015
I was really sad when I thought my bucks were at the end of their road because I had always heard that suede couldn't be cleaned. With this brush and a little elbow grease my bucks are looking great again! Not out of the box new, but I'd say 85 percent which is fine by me. I didn't use any water or cleaner, I just kept wiping the brush off on my jeans to keep the brush clean, then hit the shoe again with a clean surface. Even brightened the leather up a bit.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2017
I have a suede English Country Gentlemen's waistcoat made of a very fine-grained suede that I bought to a local cleaner. When I got it back there were two large, shiny patches or spots that looked more like leather than suede. At first, I thought the waistcoat was ruined. Then, I saw the Shacke suede brush on the internet, and ordered it. When I received it, I immediately tried to restore the nap. It didn't work. It wasn't the fault of the Shacke Brush (That's how bad the damage was) I had to use a stainless steel brush I found at a hardware store. That helped. But the finish was very rough. Then I used the Shacke Brush. It took some time, using both the rubber nub side, then the brush side. Working patiently with the Shacke Suede Brush, I was able to the restore the finish. I can no longer see the large, ugly patches. They blend in perfectly with the rest of the nap, and are very smooth. This brush is perfect to use on a regular basis to keep suede looking fresh and soft.
on November 21, 2017
The brush seems to effectively extract debris from suede footwear. Since the bristly side is very stiff, most stains are scrubbed off without violent strokes. However, I dislike the rubberized portion because it is too pliable and slides too easily and detaches from the handle. Aside from this obvious defect, I am generally satisfied with this small brush because it actually removed carbon/oil residue from my boots.
on March 16, 2017
Perfect little tool for my new suede obsessions! I've used it on light and dark suede. The dirt washes off the brush easily after each use. Fast shipping and great customer service too.
review imagereview imagereview image
on May 2, 2017
It is a compact brush with mutiple tools that really works. I used it on my blue clogs, and it eliminated scuff marks.I used on my black shoes and it cleaned them with ease. It is small in size but in retrospect, its size allowed for easy manipulation around leather bands and overlapping stitching. I am very pleased with this brush
on August 25, 2017
This is a great tool! It works well and I wonder why I didn't look for this before. Years of doing things "old school" and I find this. Definitely a worthwhile investment in cleaning suede and keeping it looking like new. This brush allows me to follow the curves of my boots much more easily and thoroughly.
on April 3, 2017
This is an indispensable tool this time of year! Awesome brush, cleans mud off all my suede and nubuck boots. Capable of cleaning all crevices around soles, etc. as well as quick removal of dried mud, etc, and restoration of nap. Wouldn't own great suede/nubuck boots without this brush!
on February 8, 2017
Great product, very well-made. The way they used to make things when companies took pride in What they sold. This is an essential tool to have with your shoes considering the money you invest in them a few dollars spent to keep them in beautiful condition seems like a no-brainer. My highest recommendations. Also the customer service is above average.
Enthusiast: Petson March 11, 2017
I expected this brush to be much larger, based on the size it will take me a month to clean my suede sofa with this. It really needs to be bigger. I have some arthritis in my hands now and found this tiny thing difficult to hold onto. I can't say I am pleased with this purchase.
on September 6, 2017
Don't understand why this is asking about "fit"! Works fine, as expected. However, I would have been far happier had the brush not been sent so tightly rubberbanded to a book had also ordered such that the bristles were bent and the book cover indented permanently.