Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Shadow Lands
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 26, 2014
Never expected to like this because I am something of an Arthurian purist but couldn't put this trilogy down. Very well written, enough familiar elements to get a hand-hold, but plot twists that are completely unexpected. This is the ferocious warrior Arthur, not the kingly monogamous Arthur. He scares people and doesn't much care. He becomes Britain's saviour in spite of his personality. A grim but fascinating take on Arthur.

The following books in this series (Causeway and Haven) are equally good. My hat's off to the author.
on October 22, 2011
A wonderful and utterly absorbing tale. Make sure you give yourself the time and attention to read this trilogy. If you are a fan of rich plots, fully developed complex characters and a gripping yarn that's impossible to put down, this book (and the two other installments of the trilogy) are for you. Simon Lister has created a world that is familiar enough to be relatable, and at the same time alien enough to stir your imagination. The trilogy leaves you satisfied while hoping that there will be more to come. I found myself unable to put it down, flying through the pages, and then slowing my reading to a crawl at the end to make it last just a little bit longer. Although you may think that the Arthurian sub-genre is over done, this is welcome and original take on the myth spiced with a subtle (and sometimes overt) homage to Middle Earth. It is so finely drawn that even avid book readers will be clamouring for the film (and hoping that Peter Jackson is available. Buy this book.
on November 5, 2014
This trilogy is a MUST read. I didn't want to put any of the books down. There were unforeseen twists everywhere and I had to know what was going to happen next. You want the good guys to win and even they were vulnerable. I could not have guessed the ending. I want to read more!
on August 7, 2010
I picked up this trilogy while on vacation in the UK. I thought the premise was odd---a futuristic Arthurian tale, but I was soooo mistaken! Loved these books! Action packed and edge of your seat---I couldn't stop reading until the very last page of book three! This series brings to mind Bernard Cornwell and George RR Martin, but the author certainly has his own style. The story is dark and filled with death, but it works and works really well. I can't wait for the fourth installment!
on May 11, 2015
Great read. Impressive story telling. Wouldn't mind seeing some characters resurrected somehow in the next book!!! Arthur would be a great choice to reappear.